[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
confidence issues - Carers UK Forum

confidence issues

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Ive made a bold choice tro start taking my girls down the local family friendly pub, BUT how hard is it to talk to new people!

WOW its nerve wracking!
have started talking to landlord and landlady and the chef (his nice but taken)
Just had a conversation with me Amy
she said she wants to talk to new people but fnds it hard, in her head she can do it but then gets stuck on the spot... she managed to play with a boy her age though so she made a huge step forward as not only is it a boy its a boy she dont know.

I used to be so outgoing and social , but i sit in a corner and hold my wee in until i get home coz i dont want to walk pass the people at the bar!
I want ME back, i miss meself. the old self that had this wonky kid and would talk to complete strangers abotu anything, that person is in me but how do i let her out? Shes screaming to be let out and talk random rubbish like she did b4 and made so many friends all over the place. How do i let her free?
going to a mum and baby group in the morning and want to try and go couple of times a week
Oh Rin, I know the feeling, I'm exactly the same.
it's even harder to try and talk to people who don't want to know.
Try just smiling at people, most will smile back and say hello and take it from there.
ive just joined a dating site- not to meet any one off the net but to get confidence up.. if i get people i dont know to tlak to me then it might help the actualyl face to face stuff lol
I even took the dog today but the scruff pup went for the dog that lives there so that wont be happening again!
ive just joined a dating site- not to meet any one off the net but to get confidence up.. if i get people i dont know to tlak to me then it might help the actualyl face to face stuff lol
I even took the dog today but the scruff pup went for the dog that lives there so that wont be happening again!
Perhaps he needs his confidence building too Image Image What about a dog training class then you'd both get to make new friends Image
we took her for a walk 2night and she was fine, must just b the pub dog lol!

went to a mum and baby group today and they have one on most days so gonna be going along as much as poss... they r also offering me some one on one support , as i worked at the nursery its all based and they love amy im gonng gve it all a go!

Thats helping a bit, knowing that ive got face to face support and even been asked that when i get over this bout if id think about becomming a advisor people can go to when they r suffering, coz apparantly id b ideal to help out others , now that was a confidence boost!
Dog training is brilliant for getting to know people and agility training is great fun. My daughter did it when she moved to a new area and didn't know many people.

ps I think you would make a fantastic advisor Image
my advice- clear some logs from a commode m8- takes yer mind off of anything lol!
Image Image Image

Fact is you're completely down to earth, Rin. You know what it's like and yet you simply deal with it. It shines out in your posts here (and in Amy's attitude to life, too). You'd be great as an adviser. Just make sure you're insured, just in case!