[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Loosing ability to walk and very poor judgement. - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

Loosing ability to walk and very poor judgement.

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi everyone! Sorry if I've caused confusion about entitlement of Carers allowance.
I forgot about the importance of the caree's qualifying benefit.
I got the original info from the DWP's website.
You can phone the DWP about Carer's Allowance on 0800 7310297 and talk to them by phone .
Hopefully your mum will get better soon.
Stay positive and look after yourself, Daffy.
bowlingbun wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:18 am
Caring for a parent often starts with a bit of shopping, and then.... It crept up on me really gradually.

Looking back I think I probably became a carer when I was about 8 years old, and mum had my younger brother. She had arthritis, and I suspect post natal depression too, nothing was ever quite the same after he was born.

23 years is a long time to care for anyone, given your mum's current health problems, this is the time to focus on what she NEEDS not what she wants. After all, we all want to have our strength, youth and fitness back again, but that's not possible for any of us. Keep using the word NEED with mum, it might help to write a list of those needs.
Feel proud for what you have done for her, not guilty about what you cannot. It's time she had a team of people to care for her needs.
I too was a child and teenager carer for my Mum and that does not include the 23 years I've cared for her from the age of 30.
It's changing the patterns of a lifetime. In total it over 40 years.
Rhona wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:05 pm
Hi everyone! Sorry if I've caused confusion about entitlement of Carers allowance.
You can phone the DWP about Carer's Allowance on 0800 7310297 and talk to them by phone .
Thank you.
I'm grateful to everyone for their support and info. I'm a bit shocked, by the tern of events but getting it off my chest her has helped.
Daffy192 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:33 pm
Rhona wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:05 pm
Thank you.
I'm grateful to everyone for their support and info. I'm a bit shocked, by the tern of events but getting it off my chest her has helped.
One thing that helped me was keeping a diary. When the twins were babies I kept one. I wrote in it each week. I also saw a therapist. You can find diaries at your local bookshop or order one online. What about a relaxation course? Would that make a difference or not?
Sadly, my mother passed away. She drove me crazy at times when she was alive, but I loved so much even if i didn't show it every day.
Within 24 hours of her passing I start to write tribute to her. What surprised me was what a loving person she was to many people - including me. She did have many fine qualities, unfortunately, the stresses which came with her made me sometimes forget that. Sometimes, we forget important things in life, as we get caught up in the smaller details.
Thank you for all your support. I wish it had been better news. Her hospital treatment might have been neglectful, but that perhaps is best forgotten today.
Mum I love you and i always did.