[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Looking for private carers - Carers UK Forum

Looking for private carers

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I need advice. My father who has Parkinson's and Dementia has been told that he will have to fund his care. Does anyone where to find good private carers to provide solely personal care? He lives in London.
Social Services have a legal duty to help you with sourcing an agency or employing care workers.

They know the local market - another legal duty.
How badly is he affected by the deentia/Parkinsons.
Are you in touch with the Parkinsons Society. I know this is an issue they have fought before.
He's declining rapidly. He's confused most days and suffers from hallucinations on a daily basis. He can move though he spends most days in his bed due to his stiffness. I haven't contacted the Parkinson's Society yet?
Be sure to do so, and find out more about claiming NHS Continuing Healthcare for him. I know they campaigned vigorously a few years ago.