CHC and benefits

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi, I've just been informed today that Mum has been awarded Fast Tracked CHC due to her rapidly deteriorating health. Will this affect her existing benefits such as DLA and mobility allowance? She was self funding in a local care home and they are happy to continue the care. I just want to be forewarned before I make any phone calls on Monday .

Thank you

What Katy Did
What Katy Did,

I would always recomend contacting Carers UK as well as Citizens Advice Bureau. I would encourage you to double check this information with them just because its always good to have a reputable source in your corner.

In the same breath the "goal posts" (rules) have a habit of tip toeing when people aren't looking

Receiving social funded care or continuing healthcare should not affect eligibility for benefits
You should however be aware that the loved ones living arrangement may affect their eligibility for some benefits for example living in care while in receipt of AA/DLA/PIP and subsequently would also affect a carers own eligibility for carers allowance.

You may need to be careful when it comes to how much money is in the persons account, I believe the limit is £16000 if in residential and £6000 for the rest, again it is something you need to check on.

https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guid ... e-in-a-car

Just passing through, I hope this is helpful and hopefully somebody else will see this and give a more conclusive answer to your question. If you have anything else don't hesitate to drop by.

Make sure to make time for yourself amongst all of this.

Best Wishes to you and your family in this difficult time