[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Life’s going to change!!! - Carers UK Forum

Life’s going to change!!!

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
This is my personal view right or wrong! I hope I’m wrong.

Life’s going to change For Carers; it’s not about what’s right or the cost to the country. It’s about politics, appearances and statistics.

Let’s face it we all know it would be far cheaper to pay us a living wage to take care of our carees. They would much prefer to pay agencies far more money because it creates jobs. This helps the unemployed figures go down and helps the politician’s, also keeping money in the system, which then can be taxed. The more people involved the more tax received, which intern reduces the cost and the unemployment figures

Direct payments also create jobs not just in providing care, but other services that you can access. That’s if you can get it!!

Imaging the headlines in the papers if they paid us a living wage or benefit, the government would be crucified. People still do not know the difference between paid and un-paid carers.

There in a win win situation, Carers will still have to continue regardless what we get from the government. Even now we don’t cost the government that much in real terms. If you are on income support you are only receiving an extra £30 per week extra. Probably get half that back in hidden taxes, a dam site more if you use it to fill your car up. Were probably costing the country £15 per week at the most each.

I think CA will go and will be pushed onto ESA with a carer’s premium as we do on IS. Then they can hide us away, it will cost no more and will give us even less recognition, and much harder to campaign for more money and help. If you’re not entitled to ESA or IS you won’t get anything.
hi . i hope you are wrong as well .according to the guardian toughter rules to dla are on the way. to repeat what i said on another post our only hope is if the lib /dem's backbenchers revolt
I think things will change there as well. Trouble though the mobility part is very cost affective. They get a lot of the cost back with fuel tax, also contributes to the car industry including jobs and tax from imported cars. Why else do they make you change them every 3 years, It's not for costs, its about creating work and more tax receipts.
life will change,is changing,for everyone.one thing unites the nation,no one escapes the cuts.apart from the directors of network rail,etc.

i think that its more than mere politics or statistics this time.theres a much bigger picture here,we are talking a global ecconomic shift,just look at europe right now.carers,like us,cannot be imuned from the wave hitting everyone.these are very different times.the budget is only a part of what is happening.

i dont think any of us grasp whats changed or what is yet to come.that,for me,is the great worry.
OH we grasp what is coming alright - and we don't like it!

Truth is - as others seem to be saying - this government have no intention of supporting carers despite the fact that they used us for their electioneering lies!
I dont feel I can grasp,as yet,that which we have yet to face,as a nation.I dont think this horrific budget scratches the surface.

I really dont think we have a clue whats comming.Lets face t,carers got lip service,empty-pledges from ALL partys.So,we cannot expect anything now or in the near future.

Carers are not a big vocal lobby.As I have OFTEN said,because carers are not chaining themselves to railings,or marching in protest or any of that stuff,we get treated like a minor itch,nothing more.

WE ARE NEVER GOING TO BE A STRONG VOCAL BODY.

In the end,we can only expect more of the same,nothing..

The challenge is to bear whats comming.

So far: VAT up to 20 per cent jan 2011,winter fual price rises and bills kick-in around that time,yet pentions and benifits only rise in April 2011.So,its a no-brainer,everyone on any sort of pention or benifit is screwed.

Housing benifit will be capped.So,again,No-brainer,some will end-up homeless.

Now,this is for starters.

IF the government lie,shock-of-shocks!,and break a promise (as if they ever would) and decide to reduce or scrap the winter fual allowance for pentioners,another no-brainer,reall hardship follows.

But,I must say it again,I STRONGLY believe we aint seen nothing yet.

The shrinking of the public sector,ok,theres a heck of a lot of deadwood,and,yess lots can go,but some much-needed services will go too.

Vat rises WILL,MUST mean,inevitable,CUTBACKS.JOB CUTS in the private sector.

Watch the minimum wage too.Nothing is sacred now.

Carers benifits,who Knows?.But dont expect any new help.BL:EAK stuff,but oinly the start.

By the governments own stats,they want,within this parliament,to close the debt.Thats five years to pay billions off.You think about it,thats going to mean VAST cuts.

We just havent the slightest clue,have we?.This is a time like no other.
I think it's fair to say though that carers benefits will be scrapped for many as the testing comes into force for DLA, many will be told they do not qualify, if this wasn't the case then why would they want to implement it?
I really do not see why the most vulnerable will be paying proportionally more than the rich bankers that caused this problem in the first place, why do we all have to pay? Shouldn't those responsible be made to pay, lets face it they can afford to.
Vicky
OH we grasp what is coming alright - and we don't like it!

Truth is - as others seem to be saying - this government have no intention of supporting carers despite the fact that they used us for their electioneering lies!
Which lies were those, exactly, Boggle? Could you please be a bit more specific?
I think it's fair to say though that carers benefits will be scrapped for many as the testing comes into force for DLA, many will be told they do not qualify, Vicky
Gosh, that's interesting, but I haven't picked that up anywhere else. You do sound very authoritative. Could you please quote your sources for this explosive information?
As I have OFTEN said,because carers are not chaining themselves to railings,or marching in protest or any of that stuff,we get treated like a minor itch,nothing more.
WE ARE NEVER GOING TO BE A STRONG VOCAL BODY.
Oh dear, oh dear, are we are all doomed then?
But can I beg to differ? I have marched, all the way down the Royal Mile, with a substantial body of carers making a lot of noise, and it was good fun and very therapeutic. Some of us have been out on the streets more than once. And do you know what? The activists who are actually getting onto the streets are gaining in strength and confidence and increasingly controlling the political agenda. Please dont knock the fantastic work we are doing with the CPA unless you can actually do something better.