[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
LIFE OF A CARER - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

LIFE OF A CARER

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Its the tree surgeon that intrigues me Frandake. Have this vision of you swinging from branch to branch.

I don't mean to be flippant, forgive me.
Have you seen what she's done to that Cherry tree in her garden Pam? The one with the wacking great bird on it Image Image Image
Have you seen what she's done to that Cherry tree in her garden Pam? The one with the wacking great bird on it Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
On a serious note it adds up to a huge wage if you take into account the going rate for each job.
Firstly could i thank everybody for thier comments and suggestions. BUT first i would like to appologise to SANDIE for my remarks in answer to her reply to my posting. No offence was ment it was more out of frustration than anything so please accept my appology.

Matt thank you for your reply and yes i have joined the Campaign lets hope some good comes of it.
also thanks to Vicky , lazydaisy , g.herschel , goody2 shoes , pete the paint and of course boggle thank you all for your very useful comments. Yes i agree a stronger argument is needed but as i'm new here i didn't want to seem over bearing or totally negative. And don't worry i will get the hang of things , once again thank you all.
Glenn.
Are you aware that as a carer ( private sector ) or a live in carer , you are not protected like those that work in full time employment or even part time employment.
Recently i was informed by a nursing agency that i should join a union in order to get protection from false allegation's not just from client's but also from client's rerpresentatives , families.
although at the time of my accusation, i had witness's which was a huge relief for me , but it would have been even better if i had been with a union then . Now i am with a union and i feel so much at ease now.
I wonder how many ppl out there have had a problem like this and have been left in such a position that they have thought about turning their back on a career they have loved doing, i too was 1 of them ppl that was about to turn my back on a career in carework , but thank heavens i did'nt.
To this day i remain a carer and alway's will. It is in my blood , and will always remain in me till the day i die.
Are you a family Carer too?
The forum here is for unpaid Carers to support each other. I think from reading your post you may be a paid Carer.
Are you a family Carer too?
The forum here is for unpaid Carers to support each other. I think from reading your post you may be a paid Carer.
A Care Worker, rather than an unpaid Carer from your post rjmwb2009. Glad you were able to get your accusation soughted out mind. We desperatly need kind caring people like you to help us out when all else fails us.

My kind regards

Pete
Hello there Pete and Daisy , When i am not working i look after my wife who many years ago was run over by a tram, since then she has had many other problems brought on by the accident. My wife has spinal injury, memory loss, nerve damage and recently hsd renal cancer which required surgery to remove 1 of her kidneys, now she is in and out of hospital.
I do not get any help from anyone other than a friend who lives close by .
YES i am a paid carer, but like i say i look after my wife when i am not working and i do not get paid for that.
Whether you are a paid worker or not , the same rules apply to you and everyone else out there who is a carer. People including family member's may have a illness or disability where they may say something that is not true, and unfortunately you end up looking the guilty party . This can have a bad affect on you . That was what i was trying to get across.
Image Ok mate, your definately one of us and more besides!! Sometimes Care Workers have got this site a bit mixed up thinking that it is a site for them only, so we tend to put them straight rather quickly, mainly because they get paid and we dont! Image

So sorry to hear about your poor wifes accident and thanks for the tip re getting accused of things we aint done!

Pete Image
Hello,it was just,reading your post, I,like Pete thought perhaps you were not a family Carer,as a few paid Care Workers have come to this site mistakenly.

welcome anyway Image