[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
legal advise or pointing in the right direction plz !! - Carers UK Forum

legal advise or pointing in the right direction plz !!

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
my grandmother is in a mental assessment unit still no diagnosise but after a assessment they are saying she requires 24-7 care due to being muddled and confused and they also told me she escaped a few times so far found out that she needs residental care now the assets are over 21500 and owns own home outright my mother was thinking is there any way we could sell the house and put into a account to play for her care as we could cope with her living with us and have private carers for when we have gaps

is there any information i can look up or and solicitors that we could talk to about this as apparently social services give people 12 weeks to sell your house if you go into care
Gizmo, I'd contact your nearest Carers Centre and see if they know a lawyer with experience of community care legislation. You will almost certainly need one.

Sorry I can't be of more help but this area is very complex, partly because of your mum's mental state.