[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kindness - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Kindness

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I agree, sadly there are people who are intentionally unkind and go out of their way to make people's lives a misery, they know who they are and their comeuppance will come!! Luckily there are so many people who are kind enough to overshadow nasty people, thus making nasty people irrelevant and unwelcome in our society.
I agree, sadly there are people who are intentionally unkind and go out of their way to make people's lives a misery, they know who they are and their comeuppance will come!! Luckily there are so many people who are kind enough to overshadow nasty people, thus making nasty people irrelevant and unwelcome in our society.
Couldn't agree more Alex. Theres no pleasure in being unpleasant.

Pete
Couldn't agree more Alex. Theres no pleasure in being unpleasant.

Pete
I believe that What Goes Around Comes Around, so there are plenty of people that must be bricking it, just think about the comeuppance that Robert Mugabe is going to get!!
We have a 90 year old volunteer who always says that whatever he does, it always pays back double. He has an indomitable spirit and no matter how bad he's feeling, he is always working to lift other people's spirits. We need more people like him.
When I was very young (about 15, I think) I was sitting on a bus when a very dirty, scruffy elderly lady got on and you could smell her as soon as she did.
She was the last on and the bus started up immediately, lurching as they do.
I had no sooner though 'God, I hope she doesn't sit near me' when she not only sat near me, but with the lurch of the bus, arrived on my lap!
She was so sweet and apologetic, with such gentle eyes that I felt the smallest, meanest person on the planet for even thinking such a thought about her.
We sorted ourselves out and as the bus was by then full, I gave her the seat, much to the disgust of the person sat by the window, who I had been sitting next to!
That small 'kindness', so unintentionally given, meant so much to that poor old lady and taught me so much.
Kindness is a gift, that when given, comes back manyfold.
When my daughters car was hit a few weeks ago, the houseowners of a nearby house came out to ensure nobody was hurt. They then invited my husband and daughter into their house to wait until the recovery people got there. It was a bitterly cold day, and that was much appreciated. They gave them refreshments too, much needed in my daughters case, as she was so shaken. Image

My aunt was travelling on the train two years ago, had to go a couple of hundred miles,and as one of her legs is artificial, not the easiest thing to do. Anyway, her artifical leg broke, when moving from one train to the next, and she was going to phone her son to come and get her, it would have meant him having to leave work and driving 100 miles or so each way, which he would have done, but one of the other passengers was travelling the same destination, and helped her instead.The staff at the stations were very helpful too,. carrying luggage etc. This was about four days before Christmas, so a very busy time of year. Image
matts repairing one fo the hungover 19 yr olds friends cars, for nothing,, shes only young as well, but will alawys bring gemma home nomatter how drunk she has got, he repairs alot of cars for people for free to help them out and normally they dont even say thank u, this young girl has just said i cant thank u enough, i have no idea wots wrong and the man ant he garage told me it would cost hundreds (to tighten a fan belt??? dont think so)
shs now been dragged off by amy ho wants to show her the commode Image poor girl (but maybe thats better than hungover gemma?!)
September when we were travelling by train to Bucks heavy rain got us stuck between stations a couple of stops before ours. Ended up having to go back to the previous station, there had been a bad accident on the roads that morning closing the major road. There was a middle aged lady sitting near us, she was obviosly having trouble hearing the announcements/updates that were being given on the train, transpired the batteries were low in her hearing aid. I did the natural thing and relayed all the relevent info to her so she could let her husband know. Would have cost us £50 to get a taxi from the station to our destination. Ther we were stranded at the station for a good 80 minutes with by then a very tired 7 year old. The wonderful lady came to find us when her husband arrived and gave us a lift to the door of my sisters house, an hours drive and about 8 miles out of their way. She was very appreciative of me letting her know what was going on with the train and we were very appreciative of their kind act.

Karen x x
Nearly three years ago my father simply dropped dead in the street a short distance from the GP surgery on his way to an appointment, my mother was a short distance behind him. She rushed up to him and two young women, in their late teens, early twenties, came up to help and stayed to comfort her. Two men who were working on the roof of one of the houses my parents had passed came down to help as well, they had replaced my parents' garage roof not long before but my mother was too shocked to recognise them. One of them alerted the surgery and while the paramedics were trying to resuscitate my father my mother was taken into the surgery.

Half an hour later when the paramedics had failed to resuscitate my father and my mother had seen her GP she was taken to the reception desk and was told that two elderly ladies had been waiting for her in their car outside, she had never met them but they owned the property where the roofing contractors were working and when they arrived home the contractors had told them what had happened so they drove the short distance to the surgery and waited to take my mother back home. In the event my mother was driven home by a police officer.

The day after my father died we came back from the undertakers and a neighbour rang to say that a couple of ladies had left some flowers with her for my mother, they were from the two elderly ladies who must have got her address from the contractors. About a week after my father's funeral my mother got a telephone call from the roofing contractors, a father and son business, it was the son asking her how she was and saying that if ever she needed any help she should ring him, even if it was during the night.

Just putting this down brings tears to my eyes, my mother has received numerous acts of kindness from neighbours and friends since but these were either strangers or, in the case of the roofing contractors, people who my mother hardly knew yet they were extraordinarily kind and followed up the initial act of kindness with another. I don't know any of the them, the young women, the roofing contractors or the two elderly ladies but I will always be grateful to them for their kindness and the fact that they made the effort to be with, and even wait for, my mother when she most needed someone.
Wow parsifal, that nearly bought me to tears, Kindness is one of those things that you dont realise until after the event.

Me and Sarah were in Australia 18 months ago and she was really ill on the flight back, at Adelaide Airport we got upgraded to 'premium economy' we got on the plane and one of the members of staff came over to Sarah and said 'Hello my name is Deborah, If you need anything during the flight just press the button and we'll be right over' basically she was so kind to sarah throughout the whole fligt and was always at her seat giving her water or crisps etc. She had plenty of other customers to serve but she put Sarah above everyone else. I couldnt believe how kind she was so I wrote to British Airways complimenting her.

I dont appreciate peoples kindness until I come across a right mean sh!t!