[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
dreaming - Carers UK Forum

dreaming

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Occasionally I dream that Mum is shouting or crying with frustration or upset - this wakes me. When I wake I am instantly aware that Mum is not shouting or crying and I go back off to sleep. I suppose I have to assure myself that she is OK before I go to sleep to reduce the possibility of such dreams. May be most carers go through this.
I have woken several times when dad is downstairs and swear blind he has called my name. I never know if I've been dreaming or if he's been calling me in his sleep. I think it's fairly common when you sleep with an ear open.
This happens to me regularly & I often jump out of bed, only to realise I had imagined it. Except tonight, when he did call out & I'm now waiting for the District Nurse to arrive...
Hi,
I used to do the jumping out of bed thing too. I'd be stood upright out of bed at the slightest sound, before I knew it. These days, I'm better at listening before deciding whether to act or not.

Hope all is ok, Neen.

Melly1
Thanks Melly1, it was a blocked catheter again. They came quickly & were gone by 2am.