[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Just can't figure it out!!! - Carers UK Forum

Just can't figure it out!!!

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
My mum is complaining about us having an office desk for a computer desk - bear in mind that I left home at the ripe old age of 17.

I pointed out that a chipboard computer desk just isn't good enough for us (We've got through 4 in 2 years). Her remark to this was (and I quote) "You use them too much!!!"

WTH, mum, how can you use a piece of furniture too much - and besides, if that was the case, why would I trade in my office desk now when you know full well that I intend on starting an online business in the very near future???
Just ignore her. If you can't then get a piece of paper place it in front of her and show her the maths of cheap desk x 4 and 1 office desk...I have an office desk and its lasted me about 5 years now.
Every time I mention it to her, she just says we have too much furniture already and we'll get evicted for it *sigh* but I just can't be bothered to keep getting a new desk every couple of months
laptop in bed does me fine Image

but if you've got an online business then you need proper storage and separation from your personnal stuff.

I sell stuff on ebay for the giggles and the extra penny's but if you plan on doing it properly you need the space.

That said if you've got too much furnature have a clear out Image ebay pick up only is my god send on that one.

BTW I've got a piggy bank for sale if anyone wants it
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0562566729
Be sure to leave plenty of ventilation while using your laptop in bed!!!

I have the seperation with the way that things are at the moment but should things change around here, it will complicate matters for me...
I think you will have to tell her that on the desk v computer desk - you will have to agree to disagree. Hopefully she'll move onto complaining about something else soon instead Image Image

Melly1
WTH, mum, how can you use a piece of furniture too much - ???
Maybe you should get some occasional furniture. Image Image Image
WTH, mum, how can you use a piece of furniture too much - ???
Maybe you should get some occasional furniture. Image Image Image
That must be what we have Image Image
What is it the rest of the time?? Image Image
What is it the rest of the time?? Image Image
Umm... decoration, I guess Image Image