[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Serenity. - Carers UK Forum

Serenity.

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I had tea at the home of lovelly couple.Carer and caree,husband and wife,this afternoon.What struck me was the great calm,the peace,the serenity both seem to have.

For whatever it matters,they both live on the usual income levels state benefits offer.CERTAINLY modest income levels.

Caring full time for his wheelchair-bound wife,the carer was,like his caree,just at peace.

They had a very serine attitude.

No complaining,moaning,not one coment about lack of money.They had one another and,for them,it was enough.

The carer took all the workload in his stride as a part of,as he put it,"Being together in sickness and in health".

He and his caree had no desire or wish for anything more from life.Content together.

I make no point,I add no coments,I merely say it was,for me,a lovely afternoon and i enjoyed the company of two contented,calm souls. This,and spring weather too,cant be bad.
Serenity Prayer............

Lord grant me the serenity to accept I can not change
The courage to change the things I can...
And the wisdom to know the difference.

My granny and grandad had that prayer on the wall and lived a peaceful, tranquil life on meagre income in a run down tenement. All they ever needed was one another and when the house was full of visitors occasionally they would seek one another out in the crowd and share a contented smile. Grandad died very suddenly and unexpectedly of a massive epileptic fit and on the day of his funeral Granny took to her bed to "Wait for God to be with Tommy". She refused to move when the building was to be knocked down for redevelopment and every Monday the clerk of works came to ask if Granny was still alive before sending the men to another job. He had genuine tears in his eyes when Teenie (Christina) passed away some eighteen months later...................God couldn`t have been quite ready for her.

Take care
Meg
i recall that lovelly prayer.its wonderfull.i think it is a good idea for the mornings,especially mondays,
Spring weather?? You lucky so and so - we had horrid squally rain mixed with hail today, torrential at times. I was considering going to do some work, but decided on a comfy day at home with the papers.
Spring weather?? You lucky so and so - we had horrid squally rain mixed with hail today, torrential at times. I was considering going to do some work, but decided on a comfy day at home with the papers.
Ah well, you do know what they say]http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_wink.gif[/img] .
A good reason to book my next holiday to the sunshine ... I meant the winter in Scotland is OK as long as you have the right gear for it, but it says something when you have to burn a viking ship replica just to keep warm, doesnt it?
Image i suppose regional variations like attitude variations will determine.Yes,the sun smiles on everyone,at some point,the potential for serenity is allways there for all.

Then theres the moaning misseries,we know of whom we speak,they know who they are,who wear a dark cloud,forever rain-filled,and love to generate mini-storms,but then,its a lot of hot air in the end.

i think that dear couple i visited have it about right,if your at peace in your own skin,just happy with "You",content to accept life as it is,and go with the flow,you adopt serenity.

or,you can allways just bang the old drum,never feeling the state ever gives you enough.

Just depends,I guess,who we are,what matters to us,what makes us tick.

Serenity is acceptance of life.

I certainly feel greatly blessed to have encountered such dear people.

That lovely prayer written here earlyer,is so apt,and,its a very good way of warm-up before rushing to this board,all guns blazing.

calm,still,serine,accepting,at peace.and,yes,the sun does shine,for us all,if we want it to.
Thank you so much, Maxi, for your wonderful words of wisdom, who could but be truly humbled reading them Image .
before rushing to this board,all guns blazing
Thats the reason why when people volunteer to become mods on this board they are supplied with a bullet proof vest Image Image Image Image Image
just a thought:

W. H. Davies
Leisure

WHAT is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare?

No time to stand beneath the boughs,
And stare as long as sheep and cows:

No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass:

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night:

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,