[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
IVAN LEWIS WANTS = CARERS VIEWS ??????????????????????????? - Carers UK Forum

IVAN LEWIS WANTS = CARERS VIEWS ???????????????????????????

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I cant believe it is this man right in the head or what he has asked via CARERS UK (5th sept)for carers to put forward their views on carers , care & support, have we not just had a massive review re care for the elderly and carers allowance he has also gone along with his goverment re the green paper on welfare reform which as we all know wants carers to move onto the J.S.A. and get the disabled back to work, also has he accepted the department of works and pensions select committee report most carers on this and other forums have generaly accepted the select committee report why wont he accept it well it will cost money.

if it was in my power i would from carers uk inform IVAN THE TERRIBLE that most carers are sick and tired of talk, talk, talk, talk, talk we are not stupud you cant just keep us occupied with talks ongoing for how long another 11 years its time for action he has as minister had enough information placed in front of him to know what we as carers want for our elderly/young disable this man along with other ministers is just delaying the inevitable we as carers deserve a decent wage for what we do as carers so IVAN do what you have been paid for make a decission now start off with the carers allowance do as the select committee have asked increase the allowance now .

GEORGE ===== SICK AS A CHIP HOW MANY MORE REVIEWS DO WE NEED .

COME ON CARERS UK TELL HIM AS THE CHANCELLOR SAID WE ARE JUST PI**ED OFF WITH THE WAY THINGS HAVE GONE
Hi George

I'm confident Ivan Lewis knows exactly what we thought of the strategy and Carers UK have told him, as have many carers individually too.

To be fair this new website is not just about carers, it;s about the whole social care system. This Green paper is going to be a huge shift in the way social care is delivered, so it's important people let their views be known. They are not just asking carers, but everyone, it affects every person in the UK.

www.careandsupport.direct.gov.uk
Message from the Care Service Minister

Everyone talks about climate change being one of the biggest problems we face. I believe demographic change is just as big an issue for the UK. Right now, there are six million people looking after a relative or friend who needs to be supported for a decent quality of life. The challenge is to decide where the responsibility will lie in the future between the state, the family and the individual.

In 20 years time a quarter of the population of the UK will be over 65 and the number of people over 85 will have doubled, so we need to decide now how the care and support system must adapt. The current system is simply not sustainable.

A national debate on the future of Care and Support was announced by the Prime Minister in May and we intend to publish a Green Paper on a new care and support system in early 2009. Care and support is about the activities, services and relationships that help people remain independent, active and healthy.

We want to hear people’s views on how we can create a high quality, affordable system in a way that promotes independence, choice and control for everyone. I urge people to get involved - the debate affects us all.

If you want to contribute your views to the debate on the future of care and support, log on to the website at www.careandsupport.direct.gov.uk

Ivan Lewis, Care Service Minister, Department of Health
I for one dont give two hoots the government have done nowt but talk, talk and more talks as far as iam concerned the time for talking has got to stop we well i want some action no way will i be writing to this clown if he and his government dont know after some 11 years of consultation with various groups what we as carers want and what the elderly/young disabled need from social care i think they should just chuck the towel in does he support the department of works and pension select committee report re carers why ask us what we need as they never ever act on anything we as carers and users of social care ask for the whole consultation programme is just a farce carers uk should inform him and his soon to be party of oposition that you doubt if any carers will show any interest in more talks perhaps we could all hand over our reports when we have the protest day .
mind you i think it is wrong to have a protest next April when the conservatives will have only been in power for a few weeks we should at least give CAMERON and his educated idiots a couple of months to cock every thing up or will he call for a review of social care and the help that carers need.
The whole thing is just bulldust how much longer do we have to go on with idiots like IVAN LEWIS running the show ive got no confidence in him or any one who has a remit re carers /disabled /elderly /social care they have just treat us with contempt over the last 11 years as they will be out of office for many years why are they bothering now they should just clear off and lets start afresh with who ever wins next election why put thousands of carers and their caree`s through all this cr** .

well thats off my chest ive got to go now under the back to work scheme ive got an interview for job at St James`s park with Mr Ashley didn not even know there was a vacancy.

GEORGE ======

ooooops if he is so interested in our views why has he still not replied to 3 e-mails sent to his department in July .

TAXI FOR MR LEWIS . should be hear by about 2009
I think that we know the outcome of the social care policy changes consultation, ministers, including John Hutton when he was Secretary of State for the DWP and Alan Johnson in a speech in December 2007 as Minister of State for the DoH have made clear their belief that families should make a financial contribution to the care of close family members. This in practice means that, in addition to means-testing of the individual receiving care as is now the case, close family members will also be means-tested to assess their contribution to the cost of care.

Read the first sentence of the introduction to the consultation to realise that this government has little interest in the reality of people's lives or indeed the truth:
England has a care and support system that aims to help people to be independent, active and healthy throughout their lives.
Then read this and other boards, talk to carers, read the local and national press, read your LA's entitlement criteria and you realise that this is disingenuous to say the least. I have neither the time not the inclination to contribute to another government exercise in "listening to members of the public" when the decision has already been made.
Wha about DAVID BLUNKETT older people should not assume that the government had prime responsability to support the elderly if not the state who ????

GEORGE======
Your children if you have them, and no-one if you don't.

Quite where my tax and NI has gone I don't know, probably spent on a replacement for Trident or an illegal war, who cares, the government certainly doesn't. If they make families pay towards care costs they can hardly blame people for having no savings to pay for their own care costs when the time comes but that's a bit too simple, and obvious, for them to grasp.

Quite where my tax and NI has gone I don't know, probably spent on a replacement for Trident or an illegal war, who cares, the government certainly doesn't. If they make families pay towards care costs they can hardly blame people for having no savings to pay for their own care costs when the time comes but that's a bit too simple, and obvious, for them to grasp.
I beg to disagree - I did not have a child so that I had a carer in my old age.

In fact, completely the opposite now that I have had care of my elderly mother for the last 10 years since the death of my father. I now know the realities of caring, as all of you do on this site.

I am SO determined that my "child" will not suffer in the same way as I have done.
Why oh why do these people in power think we are utter nutters or complete simpletons??

They have over numerous years had the power to do something for our people but have chosen not to do so, do they think that they're strategy for us is going to be any different from previous years?? no!! you can bet you're sweet life nothing will change ............unless that is................they find themselves in the same rubbish cart as us , then you know action will be swift .

They know precisely what we need and no amount of advice from us is going to change the way they think, more's the pity

I beg to disagree - I did not have a child so that I had a carer in my old age.

In fact, completely the opposite now that I have had care of my elderly mother for the last 10 years since the death of my father. I now know the realities of caring, as all of you do on this site.

I am SO determined that my "child" will not suffer in the same way as I have done.
This is not my view, it was intended to represent the view of the government in reply to the question that preceded it. If I had a child I absolutely would not let them live the life I have for the past six and a half years.

The welfare state is being eroded Act of Parliament after Act of Parliament and the sick, the disabled, the elderly, the frail, their carers and those who are carers and additionally in one of the other categories are feeling it first and hardest. The very idea that those of us who are already carers could be asked to pay towards another close family member's care is only conceivable because we have a government which believes not that with rights come responsibilities as they so often state but that responsibilities come before rights.
Glad we agree, Annie - as we usually do!