[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
IVAN LEWIS - Carers UK Forum

IVAN LEWIS

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
IVAN LEWIS has just said we judge people on how well they help the most vulnerable people in society well most carers have judged this government on how they have helped the elderly/young disabled and their carers .

GEORGE======
Ivan Lewis can't even think or speak for himself. I believe the quote is something like a civilised society is judged on how it cares for its young, sick and elderly.

So that speaks volumes about this Government.
You may have the right quote Gem but that is what these money grabbers have spin doctors for to find old things like that and alter it to make it sound original along with the other things these spin doctors do
Ivan lewis or anne maguire really dont give a toss about carers and disabled but only what they can get for themselves from the treasury pot oh forgot to metion the onbe purnell i think he has something to do with dwp not sure.

matt and gavin excuse my puns about these insensitive money grabbing poeple.

kenneth2dundeenowfife
IVAN LEWIS has just said we judge people on how well they help the most vulnerable people in society well most carers have judged this government on how they have helped the elderly/young disabled and their carers .

GEORGE======
And what was the judgement? That things could be better?
That would condemn any government in the last century.

The point is, how do we define better, how do we implement it, how much better do we want, (lets have some measurable targets here) and how much better are we prepared to pay for?

It isn't easy you know. Cantankerous pensioners and complex family dynamics are a fact of life, and folk can be very hard to please. Government is only as good as the people who voted them into office - no more, no less. And the client is always a disappointment...

Compared to all other previous governments, and all the realistic alternatives on offer, I would probably keep this lot in office for a bit: they are doing a fairly good job overall. I'm glad I don't have to walk past the homeless folk living in cardboard boxes in subways any more on my way to work, urban riots are down, unemployment is much reduced, heart disease and cancer are being tackled, the ghastly asylums have been demolished, ... and infant mortality has dropped from 50/1000 in 1945 to less than 5/1000 now. Can we give some credit where it is due?
Just to correct you on one point, Excalibur, in many areas the ghastly asylums have been sold for a pittance to property developers and converted into apartments to be sold at extremely high prices to the very well-heeled. The patients are subsisting in the community, those who need hospital admission are being put on wards which have bed occupancies which exceed 100% and many wards are awash with illicit drugs and places that none would wish to visit let alone spend time in. The asylums were ghastly but we've yet to find suitable alternatives both for in- and out-patients despite the closures starting in the early 1960s when Enoch Powell was Minister for Health and many of the people you passed living in cardboard boxes on the street would have been those who either were once inpatients of the old asylums or would have been off the streets and cared for elsewhere had suitable alternatives to the asylums been funded. This government, along with governments from beyond memory, have failed the mentally ill and continue to do so, no-one should be proud of the total lack of achievement in this area.
Gem wrote
Ivan Lewis can't even think or speak for himself. I believe the quote is something like a civilised society is judged on how it cares for its young, sick and elderly.
I have this quote (below) as my byline on every other forum, I'd have here to but can't find how to put it on, nor can I get an avatatr accepted on this forum.

Every society is judged by how it treats it's least fortunate amongst them.

Cheryl x