[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
"it would have been easier if they had just shared the - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

"it would have been easier if they had just shared the

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
What about GORDON CLOWNS new master plan for those who have dementia / alzheimers they will receive care at home this schem has been costed at 700 million quid for the care of 350-000 no way will this cash be enough just do the math`s - who the hell costed this they obviously do not have an A * in hard sums .
I live in Renfrew Scotland and the care provison here is no better than it is in England. Here a lot depends on the diability you have - in this area mental health needs seem to get a lot of the funding and those with physical disabilities are simply ignored.

Eun
EUN you must remember the care some people dont get in Scotland is at least free .

re above if we all and carers uk say we have some six million carers needed a respite break how the hell would 150 million quid be of any help we should all have asked for respite care as part of our protest .
we have and always will be treat with contempt by governments they know whatever happens we will always be there to help and support our elderly / young disabled relatives with or without financial reward .
the M.P`S expenses row hits the fan again this week oh and by the way M.P`S were told they can still claim £400 per month for food when resident in London why cant they like the plans for attendance allowance hand over this cash and they can use the council offices restaurant it would have to be non means tested as some M.P`S are living in poverty bit like surviving on rations.
People require similar care provision wherever they live, are you suggesting that their location should determine the care with which they are provided and not their needs?
I dont think even I would venture to propose an equitable way of rationing resources - its clearly beyond the wit of man. There are too many variables, each carers circumstances are unique. Do we ration according to the absolute need of the cared-for person, or the relative capacity of the carers? Should means - both financial and other such as housing and the number of family members, be taken into account? How about choice? How about direct payments?

And thats why any sensible goverment will prefer to leave the decisions to local authorities, to do otherwise would be to create a rod to beat their own backs.
And thats why any sensible goverment will prefer to leave the decisions to local authorities, to do otherwise would be to create a rod to beat their own backs.
The green paper on social care funding proposes a model of national criteria rather than the current model of government-defined bands and allowing local authorities to decide which band they will fund.
I can see the originator of this post started this for a sense of fun, and sometimes, people are a little toooooooo serious, after all, sometimes its only our sense of humor [no matter how warped lol] that keeps us going
OK, OK, well I think the last time this one came up I opted for two pints of lager and a packet of crisps, but even the price of that seems to vary considerably from one part of the UK to the next. Maybe we should demand that beer prices are centrally determined? Image

The only person I know who suggested that was George Orwell in his dystopia, "1984". Big brother is watching you.....
What about carers whos carees refuse all services?
As is their right when they are of sound mind.
Ive been told time and time again that unless my caree agrees to respite , there is no way I can get it.
What about carers whos carees refuse all services?
As is their right when they are of sound mind.
Ive been told time and time again that unless my caree agrees to respite , there is no way I can get it.
That does not prevent you accessing other services though, for example you might be able to access funding to follow an interest while your husband is home from work and can take over the caring for a while, even doing something different for a few hours a week can be beneficial. And should we allow our carees to control our lives? No-one has the right unless there is very good reason to deny the rights of another person.
George

The care in Scotland is not all free - we have to fill in a form every year detailing our income for the purpose of assessing charges we need to pay - just so happens our income is below the threshold for needing to pay but we don't get the amount of care we need.

We would have to go down the ILF/Direct Payments route for that (with the likliehood that his needs would still not be met because he needs 2 workers) and they would take all of jr's care component and a good chunk of his Incapacity Benefit - but we still have to eat and pay bills etc!!

Also I have heard that even where personal care should be free for the elderly councils will perform all sorts of wriggles etc to get out of supplying this e.g VERY long waiting lists, re-classifying the personal care needs etc. Don't beleive all you read in the English mediamy friend Image

Eun