[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
It wont matter who's in Power they are all at it. - Carers UK Forum

It wont matter who's in Power they are all at it.

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi

I see now that we have a MP claiming still for a mortgage that had been paid off 18 months ago we have a married couple that are MP's claiming for a mortgage so claiming money twice and don't seem to have a main property only second homes.

And these are a part of a croup of people that are accusing people on benefits that they are costing the country a fortune in fraudulent claims in some case's.

And these are MP's from from all 3 main parties.

What 's that old saying about a Pot & a Kettle and the word Black?.

John
Hi

I see now that we have a MP claiming still for a mortgage that had been paid off 18 months ago we have a married couple that are MP's claiming for a mortgage so claiming money twice and don't seem to have a main property only second homes.

And these are a part of a croup of people that are accusing people on benefits that they are costing the country a fortune in fraudulent claims in some case's.

And these are MP's from from all 3 main parties.

What 's that old saying about a Pot & a Kettle and the word Black?.

John
agreed John, Imagine if I said "ooo i forgot to tell you that I'm a student, Sorry about that." I'd be taken to court and prosecuted, yet the disgusting this is, what they're doing is not illegal and they're only giving the money back because they want to grasp at the last smidgen of respect that they think they have.
LETS ALL GO TO VENEZUALA IAM SURE MY MATE HUGO CHAVEZ WILL WELCOME US WITH OPEN ARMS HE`S GOT TO BE A GOOD MAN IF EVEN OBAMA DISLIKES HIM MIND YOU OBAMA DID SHAKE HANDS WITH HUGO ON A RECENT VISIT = BUT MANY DID NOT LIKE AFTER THE HAND SHAKE HE CHECKED TO SEE IF HIS WATCH WAS STILL ON HIS WRIST I WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME AS WATCHES ARE HARD TO BUY IN VENEZUALA .
they must take us for mugs if they think we will fall for them just making repayments - the whole system stinks to high heaven - this isn't a gravy train it's a bl**dy caviar train - and these are the people we are supposed to trust to run this country - run it into the ground more bl**dy likely - they're just out for what they can get and have absolutely no respect for the people who voted them into power.

well anyone asking for my vote in the future will have to convince me that it's my benefit they have had heart and not their own.

like everbody else on here I'm sick and tired of trying to make ends meet; making every pound do the work of two - and there they are the fat cats of Whitehall having the gall to expect you and me to fund their lavish lifestyles

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
And we do fund their lavish lifestyles, out of the pittances we receive all of us pay indirect taxes and some of us pay Income Tax and yet CA is paid at the lowest rate of all benefits despite carers having to prove that they work for it and the Government begrudge those of us who are caught by the overlapping benefit rule CA to cover the additional costs of caring.

And if and when we stop caring finding employment after so long out of the jobs market is incredibly difficult and most carers end up in lower-paid jobs than if they had stayed in work but MPs, and especially ministers and ex-ministers, if they stand down or lose their seats, go straight from Parliament into well-paid consultancies, etc., some even combine their Parliamentary work with well-paid consultancies. And let's not forget that we are also funding a lavish retirement for MPs when many carers have had to draw down their occupational pensions in order to finance their caring and now have an impoverished old age to look forward to.
Thisis my local MP and here's his excuse - anyone want to drop him a line.......................?

http://www.barrygardiner.com/barrys-sta ... s-expenses

Barry’s statement on MP’s Expenses

Barry Gardiner’s statement on MP’s Expenses

The system of allowances and expenses in parliament was designed for a different age. The Commons no longer sits all night as it often did when I was first elected in 1997 and I understand why people feel angry that the reform of parliamentary hours has not gone hand in hand with a reform of parliamentary expenses. I believe that all MPs need to apologise to the public that we did not sort this out sooner and for my part I make that apology unreservedly.

For this reason, I was one of the MPs who voted for the package of reform measures put forward by the Prime Minister last month. It was not perfect but it was a major step in the right direction and I am disappointed that it did not gain all-party support.

Long before parliament first began to make public the headline figures of MP’s expenses, I was one of the only MPs to publish details of what I claimed each year on my website. I still do. Transparency is important. Equally it is important that people understand the difference between the allowance an MP claims for a flat in Westminster, as I did when I was a minister in the government, and the cost of paying their staff. In no other business is the cost of staff salaries treated as part of the boss’s expenses; yet the media always include this in the expenses figures they quote for MPs!

I do not enjoy spending half the week not seeing my wife and children, but accept this because I wish to serve my constituents conscientiously. I habitually work in my parliamentary office up to and beyond midnight and not just when the House is sitting late. As a minister my working day would begin again at 8a.m. prompt. The flat I had in Westminster enabled me to do this rather than return to my family home in Hertfordshire each night. It was not a luxury it was a necessity for my job as a minister.

The Additional Costs Allowance pays the rental costs for an MP’s second home or the equivalent interest on a mortgage (not the capital). It also pays other costs such as repairs and maintenance and furniture. I paid a substantial capital deposit on my flat and over the next four and a half years claimed approximately £2,500 a year replacing a broken boiler, a bathroom whose plumbing didn’t work and a tiny old kitchen. But when I ceased to be a minister I sold the property at a substantial profit. This profit was hardly the result of the MFI bathroom suite or of the Ikea kitchen units but of the extraordinary property boom in central London over which I had no control.

Of course, I could have rented during those four years rather than claiming mortgage interest but had I done so, the public purse would not have benefited from the 40% capital gains that I paid on the profit made. I did not seek to redesignate my second home for tax purposes and as a result the tax I paid exceeded the total of mortgage interest that had been claimed under the allowance over the entire four years. Some media reports seem to have been more concerned that MPs should not appear to benefit, than that costs to the public purse should be minimised. That is in my view misguided.

Most people accept that MPs, who serve constituencies too far away from Westminster to commute each day, need to have somewhere to live in both. Establishing where that boundary lies will always cause problems. Years ago the boundary was set between Inner and Outer London. But travel times have changed and the allowance should change with it. That is why I notified parliament in March that this financial year I would no longer be claiming the Additional Costs Allowance for the flat I moved to in Brent last year.

The Prime Minister has asked the Kelly Committee to review the whole system of parliamentary expenses and allowances as soon as possible. That reform cannot come a moment too soon. At a time when many people are experiencing financial difficulties with the credit crunch it is all the more important that parliament and MPs show that they are focussed on solving the real problems of the nation rather than upon themselves.

I do not accept the hype that our parliamentary system is broken. But reform is overdue and MPs need to work very hard to regain people’s trust. I promise to do just that here in Brent North.

Yours sincerely

Barry Gardiner
Member of Parliament for Brent North

HE MADE £200,000 PROFIT ON THIS FLAT AND HERTS IS ONLY 40 MINUTES DRIVE FROM CENTRAL LONDON.....................

I REST MY CASE
I've always advocated voting. Too many people have lost the right to vote around the world and all too often the right to vote has been obtained by the spilling of innocent blood.

I've always voted.

But this General Election? I really don't see a point. They all seem to have the same policies and they all seem to have their noses in the trough.

Years ago, anarchists used to put up posters saying: "Here's a lifetime of democracy: X X X X X X X X X X X X (don't lose the pencil)."

These days it feels like someone stole the pencil... Image
I AINT GONNA VOTE

What gets me is the M.P`s have said the rate of pay they get is low ie £60-000 per annum on average yet many of them have "paid off" mortgages well over £300-000 the one thing that has not been out in the open is the M.P`s who have second and third jobs, after dinner speaking £20-000 just to tell a few boozy tales about the likes of JOHN PRESCOTT , the non executive directorships its all a con also when they leave parliament they "walk" into jobs generaly from institutions that they may have helped by pushing through dodgy legislation -no way will i vote for any one at all .
I am astonished and disgusted by all that has gone on, considering when you reach retirement
age they deem that you can longer have carers allowance.
I really begrudge the fact that MP's can still claim for family members working for them.My MP claims for his wife. Why then, can I not be paid direct payments for looking after my son, or my husband?

My son receives £350 worth of care support from the Council(apparently) a week. I do not get Carers Allowance for him, but get it for my husband.

If I was paid the Direct Payment of £350 a week, my son could go horseriding, swimming, we could afford to have a few extras in life. My husband and i would not then need Income Support of £38 a week, and my carers allowance of £53 a week would be stopped. I would have self respect , as I would be earning,the taxpayers(of which I would be one)would be happy as there would be less money going out of the kitty, and we would not need to beg for help.If of course I was paid to look after my husband too at £350 a week,then we would be rich.

I know that it may not be ideal, but my son's Diabetes is not well looked after when he is anywhere else. Last week, he had bought himself a can of sugary coca cola when he was out with support workers, and drunk it. (he is very quick, and the support workers are not working on a one-to-one basis.They cannot watch him all the time)Every day when he comes home, I have to wrok out how much extra insulin he needs, and have to check his blood sugar every hour or so till it comes down.

I am watching everything unfold on Sky News, and I feel so resentful. I don't want a general election right now;what I would like, is for our MP's to recognise that they need to come down to earth a bit.and earn some respect. They say that they are all being painted as having done wrong. now perhaps they will try to understand how we Carers feel, when fraud is talked about for benefit claimants.