[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
It's time we all must care - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

It's time we all must care

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
oh dear gem. what a crazy world. all i can think of to say is APPEAL APPEAL APPEAL AGAINST THE DECISION. PLEASE.

Pam x
Hi Gem,

I am with Pam on this.Definitely appeal and if it is something you feel unable to cope with just now, place it in the hands of Welfare Rights.They will handle it all for you.

x x
Had my Carers Assessment last week and received a letter from Lincolnshire Social Services today 'acknowledging that I am a regular and substantial carer'. I see that Councils cutting care services actually mention the word 'substantial' as being the criteria for continuing their help. Pity DWP doesn't understand what the word means when it come to giving the Higher Allowance. Image
It's a big problem so many different departments involved, all of them interpreting the
criteria differently. Each with individual opinion etc.

I was talking to a Carer who looks after her adult son. She said she has to keep in regular contact with dozens of people from a variety of departments/agencies etc who are involved in some way or another with his care package. They hardly ever know what each other are saying, advising, doing or deciding so she has constantly to deal with conflicting messages etc,
she spends hours each week on the phone acting as a mediater between all these differnet people. Image