[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
is this the end? - Page 4 - Carers UK Forum

is this the end?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Look after yourself, that's my advice.

It is the little things that will trip you up. When my son died aged 13,much much later, I woke in the night frantic because I couldn't remember where a freckle was on his leg!

Thats 22 years ago, but we do not forget.

People will tell you that time is great healer - believe me, it is not. We just learn to live with something we cannot change - and have to move on, because there are no other options.
Carol, to leave this life with all our family around us - is this not a blessing? You all 'waved him off' and now he has 'arrived' back with those HE had to 'wave off' in earlier years, his wife, his parents....

There is a Chinese tale of a young man who men a fortune teller, and said to him: Give me a good fortune, if you please.

The fortune teller said: Very well. Here it is. Grandfather dies, father dies, son dies.

The young man was outraged. 'Call that a good fortune?' he exclaimed angrily.

The fortune teller just looked at him. 'Do you want it the other way round?' he said.......

So you see, dying 'in the natural order' is something we must all be glad for. Mary's sad tale will attest to how dreadful it is when that natural order does not happen.

Your FIL died 'in the right way' - and that is, indeed, a blessing......

Kindest wishes as your mourn, Jenny