Is CUK fighting to keep CA for those who want to keep it?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Tinker said:
Having to wait and see until May to find out what is going to happen is very stressful. Many people must feel the same.
I was hoping for some info on this, come March as the minister said info would be out in spring or did I get this wrong? Image

marie x
Hi Marie. No, you weren't wrong.

When the government first announced the revision of the strategy they did say March. But the date was put back shortly after to May. This was, as far as I can tell, to allow for more feedback from carers but I could be wrong.

By the time Ivan Lewis came to the Carers UK AGM/summit, the date had changed - but of course May is still in Spring, and Spring sounds a lot closer somehow!

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if the strategy is delayed just a little longer - say to Carers Week? Image

How are things at the moment? OH OK?
Charles it's pretty dire at the moment - well been like it for 2-3 weeks now!

OH has picked up yet another infection so it's hard hat and flap jacket time again. Image

His drug level has fallen from 80 - 40 and his white cell count is off the scale so he is seizing into oblivion yet again.

We're currently back on another antibiotic run and 20 seizures a day...again!

Sorry for off-loading, we are ok honestly!
You know how it is!! Image

I'm just so glad we got the DP at least however bad it gets, I know I will sleep the 2 nights a week and that makes it so much easier! Image

Thank God for DP!! it works so well for us! Image Image Image
marie x

When the government first announced the revision of the strategy they did say March. But the date was put back shortly after to May. This was, as far as I can tell, to allow for more feedback from carers but I could be wrong.
By the time Ivan Lewis came to the Carers UK AGM/summit, the date had changed - but of course May is still in Spring, and Spring sounds a lot closer somehow!

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if the strategy is delayed just a little longer - say to Carers Week? Image

there has been a bit of discussion and confusion about this, why weren't Carers officially informed?, or is it on a need to know basis and who deems who needs to know?.I will never get to grips with all this secrecy, open and accountable is the way things are done in the modern world.

there has been a bit of discussion and confusion about this, why weren't Carers officially informed?, or is it on a need to know basis and who deems who needs to know?.I will never get to grips with all this secrecy, open and accountable is the way things are done in the modern world.
There was no secrecy]http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_lol.gif[/img]
Charles it's pretty dire at the moment - well been like it for 2-3 weeks now!

OH has picked up yet another infection so it's hard hat and flap jacket time again. Image

His drug level has fallen from 80 - 40 and his white cell count is off the scale so he is seizing into oblivion yet again.

We're currently back on another antibiotic run and 20 seizures a day...again!

Sorry for off-loading, we are ok honestly!
You know how it is!! Image

I'm just so glad we got the DP at least however bad it gets, I know I will sleep the 2 nights a week and that makes it so much easier! Image

Thank God for DP!! it works so well for us! Image Image Image
marie x
I'm glad the DP's are working for you Marie - I remember this time last year you were still trying to get them.

Hope things settle soon for both of you. Image