[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Is Carers Allowance under threat? - Page 4 - Carers UK Forum

Is Carers Allowance under threat?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
121 posts
Hi John

I am in exactly the same position as you--I foolishly paid into a private pension when I was working - thinking it would help when I retired.
All the years of caring have taken care of that-I now live in council housing-not had a holiday in over 15 years.
This does not make it right and I will not stop fighting just because others get more than me-The problem is that NO CARER gets anywhere near enough and nobody gives a toss.

All the news at the moment points to the fact that it will only get worse not better and bones are all we'll have to pick if we don't put up any fight.
At the end of the day it does not matter what we think, The Government will do what they want.
They will not listing to us or provide the help that we need.

Politicians have only one priority, and it's not the people they are supposed to be serving.
Hi Kenm
I agree that carers should get more but at the end of the day we are all individuals.
And as I said I would like the little that others are getting at the moment and no doubt you could do with it as well.
So yes fight for other's but are they prepared to fight for us as well and keep fighting till we get our fair share.
John.
no matter what happens, be it CA, social wage, or whatever. No matter how its is packaged, its a fairere deal wi should be looking at, with a reaslistic increase, to allow Carers to live without the worry of debt and poverty.

The whole benfit system from a Carers point of view needs a complete overall, and reading and listening between the lines that looks likely.

What we should be fighting for is a social wage, a liveable benefit. That tou can keep a home on.

Next March seems like a very short timescale to be doing away with it completely, maybe just maybe it will be killed off then and a more suitable replacement is announced.

From where I read it does not SAY CARERS ALLOWANCE STOPS NEXT MARCH.

Scaremongering?. Even if it was done away with it would be paid out in an other form, I don't carer what they call it, but I can't live without it.

Maybe a Carers Allowance Credit, in line with Pension Credit and Working Tax Credit?.
Hi John,
I dont't recieve CA or IS, but that does not stop me fighting for ALL carers.
I agree with Takecare, the whole system does need a major overhaul including scrapping the overlapping rule so carers like John and Ken aren't excluded.

Carers Allowance in it's current form is a complete joke - helping to influence what replaces it is down to all carers - I'll be writing to my MP to ask him to lobby on my behalf, I suggest we all do the same while we've still got time.

Paula xx
I agree completely, Paula.

Ian - I still cannot answer your question. I'm sure Gavin will be able to but it is the weekend...can I ask you to hold on until Monday and we can all ask Gavin then?
How are we supposed to influence what happens, when it is all done behind closed doors, by people like Imelda, whos only interest is safe guarding her well paid job, and the way to do that is by keeping carers down trodden. John the whole point is we are fighting for every carer, not just a few, take a look at what cuk are doing they are backing everything the government put forward to force carers to go back to work, what about all the carers that can`t work. we want every type of carer covered not just a few.
I HAVE BEEN A CARER SINCE 1997 LOOKING AFTER BOTH PARENTS NOW FOR THE LAST 20 MONTHS JUST THE OLD DOLL AS WE KNOW AS A CARER I HAVE "PROVED " TO BENEFITS AGENCY THAT I WORK FOR A MINIMUM OF 35 HOURS PER WEEK AND AS A RESULT OF THAT COMITMENT IAM NOT AVAILABLE FOR "WORK" THEREFORE THE CARERS ALLOWANCE IS MY INCOME AND PROTECTS SOME OF MY PENSION ENTITLEMENT.

IT LOOKS TO ME THAT IN THE FUTURE MY PRIVATE PENSION WIL BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT AND AS IT IS £130 PER WEEK I BELIEVE I WILL NOT BE ENTITLED TO ANY HELP AT ALL AND MAY EVEN LOSE MY CARERS ALLOWANCE UNDER POSSIBLE NEW RULES.

IVE TRIED MANY TIMES TO GET HELP FROM THE LIKES OF INCOME SUPPORT AND OTHERS BUT MY PRIVATE PENSION STOPS ME FROM GETTING HELP .
I THOUGHT THAT IN THE FUTURE MY PRIVATE PENSION WOULD ONE DAY BE DISREGARDED THUS ALLOWING ME TO ACCESS INCOME SUPPORT THATS IF THE CARERS ALLOWANCE WAS NOT INCREASED.

IVE GOT NO FAITH IN CARERS UK FIGHTING OUR CORNER AND IAM SURE SOME WILL GAIN BUT IAM SURE MANY MORE WILL LOSE OUT ALL THIS TALK ABOUT DIRECT PAYMENTS AND VOUCHERS FOR THE CAREE TO SPEND ON SOME COUNCIL RUN OR PRIVATE COMPANY IS JUST A LOAD OF **** WE THE CARER NEED HELP AND IAM SAD TO SAY IT MUST BE CASH FOR US .

ALL THESE REVIEWS ONGOING JUST MORE JOBS FOR THE BOYS OH YES AND GIRLS WE WILL GET NOWT OUT OF IT AT ALL .

ITS TIME CARERS UK GOT MORE POLITICAL AND HAD A GO AT GOVERNMENT AND THE OPPOSITION PARTY PUT THEM ON THE SPOT HAVE A BLOODY GOOD GO AT THEM GET THEM TO COME CLEAN NEVER MIND SETTING UP REVIEWS ASK THEM IF THEY COULD LIVE ON £50 A WEEK ALL POLITICIANS ARE ONLY AFTER ONE THING THEY ARE IN IT FOR THE CASH AND STATUS THEY HAVE NO INTEREST IN PEOPLE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LADDER.

AND CARERS UK TO ME THEY SEEM TO BE IN FAVOUR OF MEANS TESTED BENEFITS OR AS THEY MIGHT SAY TARGETED BENEFITS WHAT A LOAD OF ********.

GEORGE LOST FAITH IN EVERY ONE INCLUDING ROY KEANE BUT DONT HAVE THE GUTS TO TELL HIM
IVE CONTACTED MY MP DOUG HENDERSON NEWCASTLE

WE SHOULD ALL ASK THEM WHAT IS GOING ON DO THEY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT C/A

IF CARERS UK ARE TALKING ABOUT THIS WITH GOVERNMENT SURELY THEY ARE NO LONGER INDEPENDENT AND WHAT ABOUT THE NON POLITICAL STANCE
121 posts