[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sleep Meds - Carers UK Forum

Sleep Meds

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Just wondering about sleep meds.

I usually manage to get in to bed by 11.30pm each night and I set my alarm for 2.30am to do a position check/change for my husband.

Because this 3 hour period is my only chance of continuous sleep during the night, I take Zopiclone to zonk me out quickly. Trouble is the Zopiclone thinks I should sleep longer!!! and I am bit of a zombie at 2.30am.

Though I am exhausted at bedtime, my brain works overtime and without the tablet I lay awake for ages which cuts into my sleep opportunity. I've tried half a tablet but then it doesnt work at all.

Anyone got any "get to sleep quick" tips.
Listening to politicians does it for me. Image Image Image Seriously though,appropriate music does it for me.Something soft and classical turned down low and a warm drink.Mendelssohn works for me but isn`t every ones choice.You can also get various CDs containing music/sounds which are meant to relax you. Image Image Image
dvd, low volume, tv switches off once it's finished, probably works for me because I'm not a tv/dvd fan.