[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Scally and offence.What offends you. - Carers UK Forum

Scally and offence.What offends you.

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I don`t generally get offended very easily for myself,but i can easily be offended when i see others being offended.I remember a couple of years ago in Asda,two women were arguing,and one said to the other "and your little girls not right,is `er Downs".Like a fool i joined in and lambasted the woman for saying such a thing,ended up with both of them having a go at me,and felt angry for the rest of the day.Things which used to be offensive,like swearing,are less so these days,but that is probably a bad thing,as it seems to be a sign of our general acceptance that morals and standards don`t matter anymore.
It will be interesting to see what offends others.
I am offended greatly by anyone who ill-treats a child or animal. There have been several occasions when I have used my Spanish to its full when witnessing someone hitting a dog as they've passed my balcony window. I am probably known by some as the mad english woman but who cares! I can't abide anyone taking advantage of someone/animal who is unable to defend themself.

Bell
I find cruelty offensive, in any form

And polititians who, once elected, suddenly assume that the electorate are all idiots who should keep their noses out of 'their' business.
(Yes, I have been having a go at my MP again Image Image Image )
I am extremely offended by people who lie deliberately.
There have been several occasions in the last few years where I have come across lies from a Dr, two nurses and several Social Work staff.One of those backed down as I could prove the lie, but she was very domineering until I asked her to wait a minute while I phoned someone to check on the issue.I told her the person's name, and immediately she said."oh, I may have been mistaken, so sorry, goodbye."
Liars, bullies and hypocrites.

I'm sure we have all had experiences similar to LD's, outright skin-saving lies by those who should be trustworthy as well as lies by those we know and trust.

Bullies in any shape or form are people that I cannot tolerate, nobody should have to have a "thick skin" because some other person decides that it is ok to have a go. Not acceptable and never will be in my book. Image

Hypocrites-well, do as I say, not as i do. Plenty of them around. I like to make them eat their own words wherever possible and no, that's not bullying, it's called consequences Image
I can't stand bullies, for some reason my brother has been a bully magnet most of his life. He ended up in hospital when in junior school it was that bad Image
I always have to confront it when I see it which doesn't always win me any favours Image
NHS and care assistants who think they know better than hubby or myself. We've gone through so much than they'll ever, ever, ever, ever know. Or experience.
NHS and care assistants who think they know better than hubby or myself. We've gone through so much than they'll ever, ever, ever, ever know. Or experience.
I've had one carer say to me (back when I was training as a nurse) "I've been doing this job for 23yrs, theres nothing you can teach me". From that moment on I refused to work another shift with her. Anyone who thinks they have nothing left to learn should just retire. They're taking a job away from someone who actually gives a damn. Theres always something new to learn.
Manipulative people - why can't they just come out with what they think rather than make others do there dirty work for them? Why can't they just stand up for what they believe in and wait for the fall out? Why should I become manipulative in order to beat them at their own game? I'd rather have someone say I'm wrong directly to me than talk to everyone else. Suppose what I'm saying is I hate to be manipulated. Image

Inconsiderable people - those that can't think of anyone else because they're too wrapped up in their own world. The people who have no ability whatsoever to walk in another person's shoes.

I'm so pleased I've found this forum because nobody here fits in either catagory above.

Luv you guys xx Image
Thank you, Jane, what a lovely thing to say about us.