[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ideas for a carer TV drama - Page 4 - Carers UK Forum

Ideas for a carer TV drama

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
my friend e-mailed the beeb with that idea of a modern take on the carers story.
I see that Lowrider was correct in her assumptions. Pity no one took heed of her warning.
His Image
No prob,must have been in touch with my femine side of late while posting. Image
the words of thunderbirds charecter,lady penelope,come-to-mind.as she said to her butler,parker "We like it,dont we?".

in-the-end any such carer-related drama would appeal to us,in-the-trade,carers.but be a bit of a bore to everyone else,maybe.

and whose story do you tell anyway?.every carer has a different story.

maybe,a pieve of drama centred around a carers group,different stories,different carers,might be broarder,but then,again,in the end,as ever,we caers,we may like it,but anyone else?.mmmm.
I think the trick is in characterisation, I mean just think about some of the plots they have on soaps, boring. Yet if you concentrate on the characterisations, it is these we identify with - the human condition, what aflicts us all.
I think it could be a every day story with caring included then it wouldn't boring to other people it would be real life because that's what caring is about.

We are not isolated from what goes on around us to make it solely about caring would be a bore to me.

Even Police programs and Doctors programs deal with more than the life around there work places.

John
No prob,must have been in touch with my femine side of late while posting. Image
Image Image Image
you need a good guy or gal,and a bad guy or gal.

im minded to think of Kathy Bates in Missery,or Bette Davis in Whatever Happened To Baby Jane.

a cracking old nasty tale might bring-in those viewers.

wont be in anyway reflective of the real life carers story.but,its viewers what counts.
I love trashy TV, fact.
But when I was watching last week's Waterloo Road on iplayer, I found the usually trashy show handling the Alzeimers case with the clout it needs. I found the story really upsetting but crucially it did highlight the terrible decision some carers have to face about putting a loved one into care, the huge financial impact and the unfairness of the system.
I hope they continue with this sotryline and keep it in the consciousness of the masses. There needs to be more stories like this in mainstream tele. Spot on.
The drama could be based on a carer's forum that way you would a connection between all of them.

We are people that are friends but not many can put a face to the people that are posting.

The story lines could revolve around the members like one off plays like the BBC are doing at the moment with there afternoon programs Moving on.

John