[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
IBS HELP - Carers UK Forum

IBS HELP

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
My wife has been diagnosed with IBS, but she keeps sleeping and eating all of the time, does any body know if these are the main symptoms of IBS, she is on about 50 tabs a day and trying to work out if it is the tablets or IBS making her have these effects, the GP has changed around the tablets, but the symptoms remain, I have tried to give her different foods that are not trigger foods, but seem to get the same results.
Many thanks Mark. Image Image
Hi Mark

I know from bitter personal experience that IBS can be a very unpleasant, uncomfortable and often embarrasing condition to suffer from. Unfortunately, it is a very complex condition and no two cases are the same. I find that not only "trigger" foods, (ironically "healthy" stuff like broccoll and sprouts in my case!) but also stress sets my IBS off and this may (or may not) be the case with your wife. It really is a question of trial and error, trying to find out which foods and which situations have a bad effect and which your wife can cope with without ill effect. Boring, but effective in many cases!

Big hugs to you and your wife.
Hi Mark

Try this link for IBS symptoms etc. http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html ... drome.html
Hi Charles and Dee, thank you for your help with the IBS
That is the best website that I have seen for IBS, it tells you everything, thank you very much for that Image, it gets very embarrassing for my wife Image
Mark.