[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
I would really like my life back - am I a bad person? - Page 8 - Carers UK Forum

I would really like my life back - am I a bad person?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
82 posts
No offence taken JHR57, and thank you for your reply. I'm presently busy with thoughts about ten years experience of volunteering for a Carers support group. I'd thought of a title something like ' Encounters with the good, bad and the ugly as a volunteer'. Might be an idea for a new thread? Regards, Irene Image
the good, bad and the ugly )
Apologies for off topic but 3 way shootout in the finale of above film is so drawn out. All about the eyes and who decides to go for the draw. I liked the music from those films though. Hang em High and For a few dollars more.
Hi Rosemary - the reference to 'the good, bad and the ugly' in my last post might remind you of the film, but believe me, I've experienced the last two in real life and got the scars to prove it. Regards, Irene
[but believe me, I've experienced the last two in real life and got the scars to prove it. Regards, Irene]quote, Irene.

I do hope you have experienced the good in life too, Irene. The bad and the ugly in my life are all around the death of my younger son,but I had so much love and care from so many at that time(including many online friends),that I have to include "good" in that time as well.
We all have scars Irene, some deeper than others. Whether physical or mentally they all carry their own story.

Amy, apart from this forum I have watched you on social media too. You are a credit to yourself and how strong you are. However, as difficult as it is, you need a break too. Some good advice from members before this. I hope you can take some of it on board.

x x
We all have scars Irene, some deeper than others. Whether physical or mentally they all carry their own story.

Amy, apart from this forum I have watched you on social media too. You are a credit to yourself and how strong you are. However, as difficult as it is, you need a break too. Some good advice from members before this. I hope you can take some of it on board.

x x
Oh thanks rosemary...pleasant surprise! Which social media might that be? A spiritual forum I guess (can't hark back to my stand up comedy days!? Image )
Yes this thread has been helpful to me in clarifying and supporting certain thoughts/directions. Thanks to all and I'm glad it also serves as a medium to air your feelings about your own situations too.
No your not -your'e human with everything we do its only a normal reaction. I look after my mum - who has various issues plus I still work for a living. I know its tough -this is all do with what technically is called/referred to as a work/life balance. Mum can drive me crazy the amount of times we have the same conversation, the way she forgets tablets, events etc.
I do most of the caring as my siblings live away; I can get resentful then remember that she bought me up.
We are all striving to do the impossible for those that we love.

Hang in there.
Just a brief update. Managed to get a 4 day break recently! Image My sister was able to relieve me (she's a freelance camera person); she had a lull in her work at that time. She never knows when she may be contacted so, as it transpired, she did lose work but mum agreed to cover her salary (although turning down work is never a good move). She told me to be flexible about days in future! Image

Had 2 days back at my flat (just to unwind), then on to Margate for some sea air - staying there overnight. It obviously felt great to get a snippet of my life back and I returned not as stressed as when I left.
Great news Amy! Glad you enjoyed your break, plan your next one now.
Great to hear that you had a lovely break - hope for many more xx
82 posts