[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
setting up support group? help needed x - Carers UK Forum

setting up support group? help needed x

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
iv been asked by a couple of people to set up a coffee morning type group where you can go and just have a good moan about the hard times and make new friends and just genraly helping out when times get tough but dont really know where to start i feel really passionate about this as i have grown sick of parenting groups and adhd meetings with people who with all due respect dont have a clue what day to day life is like for a carer any advice much appreciated x
Suggest you try the local library first,they should keep a record of all such groups in your area.It may be that something suitable already exists.If not you could contact some of the people in similar groups to see if there is any interest.You need to be clear as to the purpose and aims of the new group,and you will need a venue.You should be able to get practical advice by contacting other types of support groups and seeing what they do.Good luck. Image Image
thanks i will do abit research and see how things go. will keep posting on my progress, well if there is any x
Hi I don't know where you live but if there is a voluntary organisation called Council for Voluntary service they should be able to help. Also your local council might have a Community Development department who might be able to help. If there is a volunteer bureau locally they may be able to help you to recruit some volunteers to help you run a group. Is there a national organisation that offers support for ADHD - they might have regional staff who could help. Best of luck x
Yep, looking into what is aleady available locally is a great idea - even if no one else offers what you are offering, you may be able to send off for information on carer's groups in your area and have some leaflets handy for people to help themselves to.