[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
I'm losing him and he's losing himself - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

I'm losing him and he's losing himself

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Makes you wonder how these people get their jobs?!?! Doesn't she realise that caring is no respector of qualifications? The very fact that you have a degree should have alerted her to one of the reasons you were fed up at times, having studied so hard. Hopefully the cousellor will be more understanding - and you could drop an unsubtle hint about trousers or higher chairs!!!
HI
Don't know if this is any use on the pain front but the palliative care team took over my hubbys pain control treatment as the local pain clinic were unable to think outside the box. He could be included within their remit because he had a long term condition, even though it wasn't terminal. He had become tolerant of morphine and that was all the pain clinic were prepared to offer. He amoungst other things had fibromyalgia which is another one of those conditions thats often considered 'in your head' so I understand your frustrations on that front. The palliative care team were also able to come to him (a consultant that came to the house Image )
Hope you get on okay with the counselling
HI
Don't know if this is any use on the pain front but the palliative care team took over my hubbys pain control treatment as the local pain clinic were unable to think outside the box. He could be included within their remit because he had a long term condition, even though it wasn't terminal. <snip>The palliative care team were also able to come to him (a consultant that came to the house Image )
Hope you get on okay with the counselling
Thanks for that, I'll add it to the list of stuff to do once this round of tests is out of the way. Image
<snip>Hope you get on okay with the counselling
First real session, at last somebody who actually bloomin' gets it! Image
Thank goodness catja, it sounds like this counsellor is going to be helpful. Image
Catja, so glad that your counselling session went well.
Update: The test results came back - yes there is enough cognitive impairment and difficulty with some bits of his memory to worry about, but no abnormalities on the MRI.

No retesting before January. No treatment either for the moment. 1st appointment at the memory aids clinic would have been this coming Monday, but he's cancelled it (the heat was making him too dopey) and it's now due at the end of August. I'm not delighted about this, but it's his body and his choice.

I'm just the mug who has to take him there & back and pick up the pieces in the mean time. Image
Catja, I certainly have the "mug" feeling very regularly!