[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
i cant work as carer any longer - Carers UK Forum

i cant work as carer any longer

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Many of you may have seen the European ruling today that we will no longer be able to opt out of the 48 hours work maximum per week and not before time when i was with both B.R. & then Metro we fought for and won a 38 maximum working week but what happened every one worked overtime we never really wanted the shorter working week what we as trade union wanted was the maximum week to be 48 hours.
With unemployment set to rise to 3 million and the government`s plans to get lone parents , long term unemployed and those who are ill and on incapacity benefit back to work one way of creating jobs is to stop all the greedy people working excessive overtime when i was in the railway industry overtime was needed to keep the trains running but this kept wages low when wages began to rise most of us stopped working overtime this resulted in more jobs but as all managers know its cheaper to employ one man/woman working 80 hours per week than 2 men / woman both working 40 hours per week.
Now to my point we as carers have to work 35 hours to be entitled to claim carers allowance however i and iam sure many others have checked their own levels of care work when i worked out my HOUR`S WORKED it was 125 per week the remaining hours by the way were on standby Image

YUP

YUP
I worked for a while in a cottage hospital, only two staff on duty at night. The Sister in charge was paid for a 12 hour shift, the other qualified nurse for 11, as the NHS said she could have a meal break. I was the second in command. The union fought on our behalf, as we were oncall during our meal break. It was decided we were within our rights to demand one hour oncall money, the NHS soon decided they would rather pay us the extra hour; it was cheaper!But it was backdated for 18 months, so we were smiling.

On-call is someitmes more tiring than being on-duty, as you are always on edge.
Many of you may have seen the European ruling today that we will no longer be able to opt out of the 48 hours work maximum per week and not before time when i was with both B.R. & then Metro we fought for and won a 38 maximum working week but what happened every one worked overtime we never really wanted the shorter working week what we as trade union wanted was the maximum week to be 48 hours.
With unemployment set to rise to 3 million and the government`s plans to get lone parents , long term unemployed and those who are ill and on incapacity benefit back to work one way of creating jobs is to stop all the greedy people working excessive overtime when i was in the railway industry overtime was needed to keep the trains running but this kept wages low when wages began to rise most of us stopped working overtime this resulted in more jobs but as all managers know its cheaper to employ one man/woman working 80 hours per week than 2 men / woman both working 40 hours per week.
Now to my point we as carers have to work 35 hours to be entitled to claim carers allowance however i and iam sure many others have checked their own levels of care work when i worked out my HOUR`S WORKED it was 125 per week the remaining hours by the way were on standby Image

Well in my working days i always signed to work however many hours overtime the employer requested me to do.It's common curtosey to make yourself available for a reasonable amount of overtime if you want to remain at a firm.The hours in caring are 24/7.There's no such thing as clocking out at 5pm on a friday and thats it till Monday am.How can you calculate how many hours you are caring for.The only time i get off are Mondays from around 10am till 4:15pm and Thursdays 10am to 5:00pm when the other half goes to daycare.The rest of the time i'm either doing for her or on standby so to speak.
My hours off - iam generally asleeeeeeeeeeeeep.
My hours off - iam generally asleeeeeeeeeeeeep.

Oh yeah i forgot about them Image Image Image Image