[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
I am offended by your silence. - Page 6 - Carers UK Forum

I am offended by your silence.

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
96 posts
Often,perhaps a bit TOO often,some have plenty to say here.So,reflecting,reading the views of others,maybe the odd contribution,on occasion,seems to be a fairly good idea i my view.Often one contribution from a seldom contributor is so good,to the point and useful it rates far higher,for me,then many of the wordy rambles of the "usual (Suspects) Contributors",who,seemingly,have a view on most things.The rare contributor often has far more to say.
Often,perhaps a bit TOO often,some have plenty to say here.So,reflecting,reading the views of others,maybe the odd contribution,on occasion,seems to be a fairly good idea i my view.Often one contribution from a seldom contributor is so good,to the point and useful it rates far higher,for me,then many of the wordy rambles of the "usual (Suspects) Contributors",who,seemingly,have a view on most things.The rare contributor often has far more to say.
Ah, but we have free will, Maxi, and choice, so we do not have to read the posts of people whose opinions we dislike. And there is always the "foe" button so we can hide their posts if we wish, not that I have used it, everyone's opinion is interesting Image .
Oh dear, I hope I haven't offended anyone by posting so often, especially as I am no longer caring. I apologise because I know I do perhaps join in quite a lot! I have leaned on this forum, and still do, it is the first place I turn to when the computer is put on. As many know, caring can be a lonely place and when you have lost carees, the loneliness doesn't just go away.

Bell x
Most definitely not, Bell, we love your posts, I think that it is our poor, misunderstood friend Mrs Tellis aka Disgusted of Tonbridge Wells who is being referred to here Image .
take no notice Bell, Maxi loves to 'rock the boat ' a bit and I for one dont mind him doing it one bit. (I think he's a 'him', I cant remember as it's been so long since he/she has posted.)

Merry Christmas Maxi!! Image
Land's sakes, if I thought my posts were being put through some sort of measure, I'd probably not post at all!

As it is, "Never mind the quality, feel the width" Image Image
I'm another one who goes on and on.
Because there's not many people for us to talk to, I think we just type as a substitute and get carried away sometimes. It's conversation, isn't it, which some of us are sadly lacking.
Audrey, I think your response to Maxi might be a bit harsh. Sometimes it's hard to remember that the written word often fails to convey the full meaning and even more often the intent of the writer.

The way I read Maxi's post was that sometimes the people who post infrequently are motivated to do so when they have something to say that in their opinion is meaningful to understanding/answering the topic to say versus (for example) a <<<hug>>> from someone and nothing more. That's not a negative nor is it a put down of people who contribute at all different levels. Nor is it to say that just having others recognize the situation -- even if they can't do any more -- isn't of value to the person who started the topic.

As Frandrake says, the threads in this forum are conversations and any conversation is multi-dimensional in terms of value/interest to the individuals responding or simply observing.
Reading the above it appears that the post was critical of certain members, the]"usual (Suspects) Contributors", who seemingly,have a view on most things[/i]. Maxi has said what he wants to on the subject, Audrey has responded and perfectly reasonably asked him to explain what he means, whether Maxi chooses to respond to Audrey's post is up to him but Maxi's post has caused some consternation so it is not unreasonable to ask for clarification is it?

There again, as someone who, based on past discussions, suspects that Maxi's post was critical of me among others perhaps I should remain silent lest I be accused of "wordy rambles" with no substance Image Image .
To me, Maxi's post is a very good example of 'wordy ramblings' as it implies but doesn't say and what it imples is that, in his opinion, some of us talk too much, ramble on and hold views not everyone agrees with, while others say very little.

Isn't that what people do?
96 posts