[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
I am offended by your silence. - Page 4 - Carers UK Forum

I am offended by your silence.

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
96 posts
- he's the big brother that's really hard to please but when/if he replies positively to something you've posted - that's praise indeed! Image Image Image
obviously the Craig Revel-Horwood of Carers UK Image Image Image
I like the idea of a Craig Revel-Horwood of Carers UK - anyone up for the role of Len? Image

Must confess I lurked for some time before posting because I didn't know what to say. So glad I did though - got such a lovely warm welcome from you all. Thanks guys! And to anyone out there reading this thread who'd like to post but feels shy about it, the newbie board is a brilliant place to start. What a good idea! Image
It was a wind-up of course, as usual. I have to look very deep to find anything that truly offends me. Bullies, liars, hypocrites, sure, they are two a penny.
But actually the thing I probably find the most offensive is people who are themselves offended too easily at the slightest provocation, because that kind of response actually inhibits free debate and prevents the creative search for new solutions to new problems.
The history of innovation is littered with the last famous words of these people, the nay-sayers, the ones who "tried that 20 years ago and it didnt work", well, we all know someone like that. Its just as well nobody listens to them, because the one thing they all have in common is that their negativity doesnt help to move us forward.
Scally............your quite welcome to come and give me a swift kick up the backside, let me know when your comming round so i can put my 1/2 brick in my handbag to get you back Image Image Image , i was off line for a while (thanks to t'internet providers messing up), my health has took a dive and when im not in a good frame of mind or stressed i don't post. i have lurked, but took me a while to catch up......so there excuses done....now how many lines sir!!!!!

Does anyone else" lurk" when stressed or" not in the zone so to speak" ...............mandy
Scally............your quite welcome to come and give me a swift kick up the backside, let me know when your comming round so i can put my 1/2 brick in my handbag to get you back Image Image Image , i was off line for a while (thanks to t'internet providers messing up), my health has took a dive and when im not in a good frame of mind or stressed i don't post. i have lurked, but took me a while to catch up......so there excuses done....now how many lines sir!!!!!

Does anyone else" lurk" when stressed or" not in the zone so to speak" ...............mandy
Yep also don't always have something to say Image
It would be interesting to flush a few of them out from deep cover and find out why they are so shy.
I'm not shy, i have social anxiety disorder caused by a lack of social interaction due to me being at home all the time caring for my wife. I find it difficult to make conversation both face to face and online. This forum is interesting and informative and i have found the answers to many questions on these pages and for that i am grateful, thankyou. I wish i had more to say so that could give something back but most of the time i can't think of anything, sorry.
don't be sorry.Even if you are just reading the posts, then hopefully you are getting something from them.
Hey don't be apologising...I'm a professional lurker/stalker on the forum...it was just Scally having one of his moments! Its good to know there are others out there that are finding benefit from the forum, even if they are not posting. Absolutely nothing wrong with that!

Bell x
It would be interesting to flush a few of them out from deep cover and find out why they are so shy.
I'm not shy, i have social anxiety disorder caused by a lack of social interaction due to me being at home all the time caring for my wife. I find it difficult to make conversation both face to face and online. This forum is interesting and informative and i have found the answers to many questions on these pages and for that i am grateful, thankyou. I wish i had more to say so that could give something back but most of the time i can't think of anything, sorry.
Great to hear from you again, I think you last posted in July? I suppose that was the reason for the post, and if so it has succeeded at least in encouraging you to stick your own head over the parapet: there are a lot of here who are chatterboxes, and some who post a few times a year, and sadly, quite a lot who join but never post at all. Which is a shame, because we never get to benefit from their experience and wisdom, or help them through the bad patches.
I really like our Scally, formally Excalibur. He's not a Scot either, he's a Yorkshire man I think and you know what they can be like? Image

When I first joined it took me months to pluck up the courage to post as I felt that everyone who was posting had far more to contribute than I ever had. Also I felt that they were far more academically minded than me, a mere Painter.
Hey and I use spell check all the time! I used to be really good at spelling at school, but you dont get much call for it as a Painter & Decorator, so one gets a bit rusty what!

Come on you lurkers, join in and to heck with the spelling, phrasing etc. Just you all join in and learn how to talk proper like that what I does.

Stay cool. Image
I'm an occasional reader and an infrequent poster and make no apologies for it. Heck, it's the same for me with housework and most everything in my life ... apart from taking care of my caree.

One thing I know for sure and that is if/when I am at breaking point the people on this forum will support me. I've been there before and most likely will be again. The cast of posters (regular and irregular) may change over time, but not the level of understanding and support.
96 posts