[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
How much can you earn before CA is affected - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

How much can you earn before CA is affected

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Yes, thats a good description, which is why I support a root and branch reform that would simplify and make fair the support for those who cant work or study, and incentivise work and study for those who can.
You can't win either way Jimbo. Image Image
Hi jimbo be careful because I know some ppl ahve said certain numbers and I'm not saying they wrong BUT I was told recently from my local job centre i was only allowed to earn £95 per week , but it might depend on the area of the country you live ?? I would deffinately contact local job centre they will know best. ok hope this helps.
There are also a few dodges, or legitimate loopholes if you like. One is that if you are self employed, you can phase your invoices to conveniently give you a pleasantly large salary one month, then stay under the earnings limits for the next two or three. Not of course that I would recommend this, merely passing it on for information Image
Hi jimbo be careful because I know some ppl ahve said certain numbers and I'm not saying they wrong BUT I was told recently from my local job centre i was only allowed to earn £95 per week , but it might depend on the area of the country you live ?? I would deffinately contact local job centre they will know best. ok hope this helps.
Hi Glenn. The rules changed earlier this year to allow earnings of up to £100 a week. Prior to that it was £95. Sounds like someone at the Jobcentre hasn't been keeping up to date.
You cannot get Carer's Allowance if you earn more than £100 a week after money has been taken off to allow for your expenses.
DirectGov website
Ahhhh right thanks charles much appreciated Image
Hi Guys, I really feel it's a catch 22!
As a Carer the time you can get out to work is pretty much limited so it's difficult for most to work for more than a few hours.
Due to this your earning potential is really affected! Image

I mean, with the current rules, you can earn just enough to lose any much needed assistance with rent & council tax but not earn enough to make a real difference to what is already a precarious financial situation. Image

It 'aint easy at all, it's a minefield isn't it? Image
Marie x
You are quite right Marie, my situation is much the same, however, I have not yet re appiled for CA. My hours are now 13 per week, this of course gives me more time for my mother, I have had a drop in income which of course is a struggle.
You do what you have to do really. Image