[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
How do you Deal with Anger? - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

How do you Deal with Anger?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi Fin, I know the feeling we had along coat chihuahua, trouble was she hated walks, so I had to think of other ways to calm down , like cutting the grass boy, we had a lovely lawn (except for the brown patches) Image . Sad to say she passed away last November, left a big hole in both our harts Image
Hi Fin, I know the feeling we had along coat chihuahua, trouble was she hated walks, so I had to think of other ways to calm down , like cutting the grass boy, we had a lovely lawn (except for the brown patches) Image . Sad to say she passed away last November, left a big hole in both our harts Image
Sorry to hear that, it hurts so much. I used to have a labrador, nearly broke my heart when she died, it's taken me 8 years to finally agree to another dog, the really strange thing here is, he's a long coat chihuahua, how weird is that?
Fin That is spooky, I'd like to see any photos, is it a girl or boy, what is her/his name, how old Image I'm a bit of a chihuahua anorak. I use to say "one day we'll have a proper dog, one that likes to go walkies lol Image
He's called Elmo and he's now 9 months old. He's bigger then I had expected for a chihuahua, but with all the walking he does that's probably a good thing. This was him at 3 months old, I took him to a studio to have this pic taken for my daughters birthday.......

I exercise. I get on my bike and cycle off very fast for half an hour anywhere - off into the country is good. I never lose my temper with my caree. Don't know why but I can control my anger . I think my anger is directed at the rest of the world, who I feel makes life much more difficult! I lose my temper with everyone else instead......her consultant, the bus driver etc. It is so easy to wind me up! Out of the home I can fly off the handle at anyone, such is the build-up of stress.

I would not be sane if I did not exercise. Swimming is wonderful but takes up too much time. Cycling means I can get out and back quickly.

Also doing something in the garden that needs a lot of energy is good.....I once dug up a rose bush from one place and moved it to another and it was exhausting but used up my pent-up anger ......I never did any gardening before I was a carer.
I internalise it and end up with indigestion Image

I only do anger as a last resort and then let go of it quickly as life is too short to hold a grudge. When i do get angry it's usually injustice that gets me going.

Best way of dealing with it..spending time with my cats..even looking at the picture of Elmo there Fin made me smile. Image Cute or what..
Physical exercise works well for me ... walk it off. Or even better, beat the heck out of a punchbag. The Japanese used to provide one in every workplace basement, usually with the bosses face on it. great idea!
Image fin, What a handsome young fellow he is. I seem to have lost the photos of him on the beach and in the car. I had a mishap with the computer, Image left my finger on the shift key to long whilst I was composing my rely and couldnt type anything Image . I had to re-start my computer and when it finally opened up I could only find the photos of him as a cuddly 3 month old Image . My wife thinks he's smasher too, in fact to quote her "Aahhh!"
Thank you for your kind comments, he manages to cheer me up no end with his cheeky face and antics.