[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
house phones - Carers UK Forum

house phones

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I got my mum new house phones almost identical to her old broken ones and now she doesnt know what to do with them and how to ring me . Can any one recommend an easy phone ? Its not seeing the numbers .She is 88 and still in her own phone and wont even try .
One very similar to the one I purchased for my own mother some 20 odd years ago ... before the mobile phone age !

Possible to add extensions using one as the master phone.

Even then , she , occasionly , did not have the strength to push the buttons !

Modern versions have a " Speaker phone " facility and a very useful hearing aid boost function.

As for contacting me , local SS were very kind to provide her with a bugle in case I was catnapping a few feet away !

I jest ... ?
I programmed my Mum's phones so that all she had to do to ring me was press the key for stored numbers and then the number 1 - this was fine for a while, but then her dementia worsened and she just couldn't remember what to do.

Eventually I did move in with her to care for her but I'd still find her trying to ring me - even when I was just in the next room !
Hi Louise
My Mum has just phoned me to say she can't find my phone number :roll:
Sadly she just cannot cope with anything much any more and I suspect this is true of your mum too. No matter how many phones you try she is just losing the cognitive ability to use them. Does she have an emergency call button to wear? That at least is just one button.

Kr
MrsA