[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hospital car park charges - Carers UK Forum

Hospital car park charges

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi

I noticed in the morning free paper, the Metro article about hospital car park charges and how hospitals had an income of £100 million from charges. You can read it here.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.htm ... page_id=34

Speaking to carers over the years I know this is something that causes difficulty for many carers. Carers UK would be interested to know how this affects you.
When Mum has attended Rotherham hospital we haven't been charged as long as we display the blue disabled badge, having said that the wheelchair area of parking is usually full so getting her into the hospital is a nightmare unless you are visiting at night or at weekends. Mexborough Montagu hospital doesn't charge either but it is a smaller hospital.

My sister recently took her friend for tests at Barnsley hospital and there you have to display the badge and pay which is a rip off.

Paula
Hi
We have to pay £2.50 for up to 5 Hrs and £2.50 every 5 Hrs after that with or without a blue badge at our local hospital.
John
The disabled bays are free round us, but you can never get in one Image Quite often full of non blue badge cars Image So in the main hospital car park you have to pay regardless.
It's about time it was made illegal to park in public disabled bays without a blue badge.
Do I feel strongly on this???
Clamped, crushed, 20 points on your licence and £1000.00 fine would just about do.
The disabled bays are free round us, but you can never get in one Image Quite often full of non blue badge cars Image So in the main hospital car park you have to pay regardless.
It's about time it was made illegal to park in public disabled bays without a blue badge.
Do I feel strongly on this???
Clamped, crushed, 20 points on your licence and £1000.00 fine would just about do.
You can count me in on this Myrtle, it drives me up the wall - lets hope one day they need a disabled bay and some inconsiderate s*d has parked there, see how funny it is then Image
Hi
Our Son had to pay £7.50 to park when his wife had a bleed on the brain a few week's ago.
Because the time they had to wait in A&E Then Tracey Was admitted to a ward in the early hours of the morning.
John
We have three main hospitals, which until a few years ago were separate NHS Trusts, and then merged. One of the hospitals charged for parking while the others did not.

So, in the interests of "fairness" they have bunged charges onto all of the hospitals, cut the number of spaces available and there are no concessions for disabled people.

It's virtually impossible to find anywhere to park, on the street is impossible because of parking restrictions, and you have to allow hours extra. Bus services to the hospitals are poor. So how do we get there?

It's just another stealth tax.
ive been lucky up here in newcastle freeman , general or the r.v.i hospital with blue badge iam normally ok but on one visit last year when we had to rush into hospital as my father had only hours to live i just parked anywhere we have a blue badge which i displayed but our car is through motability and we also have road tax exemption therefore its actualy illegal to clamp such a vehicle when i came out to get the car late at night the car was clamped when i informed car park staff they had no idea such a rule existed they made one phone call hey presto clamp off problem solved.
george.
George, I didn't know it was illegal to clamp a car that is road tax exempt. does it apply if the car is not through motability?
as far as i know you cant clamp a car that has a blue badge but they do
however if the car has a tax exemption and tax disk is marked nil disabled they should not clamp it some cowboy firms will of course take advantage of it and if the disabled driver or authorised driver are not up to speed with the law they will make you pay just call the cops and they should help.
the car does not have to be with motability just the tax exemption
when i checked this out years ago with motability they had never heard of it.