[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hose Pipe Ban - Carers UK Forum

Hose Pipe Ban

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi there,

Just a bit of advice really, i care for my nan who is a very keen smoker.
She doesnt smoke indoors but in the garden, she has slipped over twice in the garden as the patio is very slippery. I have noticed today its turning slightly green and has moss in the cracks, so in wet weather it can be slippery.

I cant stop her having a fag as she says its the only thing left that makes her happy and i cant watch her all the time.

The patio needs a very good clean and scrub, she does has a pressure jet wash but im not too sure if i can use this, what with the hose pipe ban.

But im sure for health and safety reasons for blue badge holders hose pipes can be used.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Al x
yes blue badge holders can use the hose pipe,i've already checked on anglian water's website,they say in the garden ,so i assume that just means that they can't wash cars and windows(not neccessity) and do essential things like plants,but i would assume health and safety reasons would be covered.ring them to let them know what you're doing in case your neighbours beat you to it,sure somebody would like to cause trouble.
Thank you Malc, i will give them a call tomorrow.

If the patio is slippery you really should apply some moss killer on a semi-regular basis. Give it a chance to work and a day or two later use a stiff garden brush to remove it.