District nurses

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Does anyone have a regular visit from the district nurse and if so, are you happy with them?
We do, the service was withdrawn by the PCT but we've had it re-instated unofficially and I'm very happy with it. We've known the DNs for years, we tend to work together, discuss best treatment, etc. and we really couldn't fault them, in fact they are the only support we get. As for the rest of the NHS Image .
The reason I asked this is because we have district nurses visit regularly and they are over-worked and under-staffed. Although they try to help as best they can, they don't have the time, which means we suffer as a consequence.

If you try to ask questions while they are here, you know they are itching for the door and don't really answer them properly. So you are made to feel like a nuisance. I just wondered if it might be the same everywhere but obviously not. Just our lot then... Image
Our doctor asks the DN to visit mum and it's usually within a day or so and then she pops in for follow ups. An older lady coming up to retirement, but she's very gentle with mum and explains anything to me. When mum had to have her ear syringed she asked if I'd like to look down the scope before and after the syringing - which I did. I'd been putting warm oil in for 10 days to soften the wax prior to mum going to have a mould done for her hearing aid - which she now refuses to wear!!!! Grrrr.
The reason I asked this is because we have district nurses visit regularly and they are over-worked and under-staffed. Although they try to help as best they can, they don't have the time, which means we suffer as a consequence.

If you try to ask questions while they are here, you know they are itching for the door and don't really answer them properly. So you are made to feel like a nuisance. I just wondered if it might be the same everywhere but obviously not. Just our lot then... Image
Ours are over-worked and under-staffed too, they also get sent to other parts of the PCT area when they are short-staffed exacerbating the staffing problem here Image . We are losing DNs too, when they leave or retire they aren't being replaced and this at a time when more poeple are being cared for in the community rather than in hospital or residential care. I think that we benefit from them being very dedicated but also because we've got to know them so well over the years we have a very good relationship with them, could be because we're all cat-lovers though Image .
CAT LOVERS LOOK AWAY NOW

When STAN was in prison camp as you can imagine food in short supply anywho longish story short the geordie boys had invite to Polish hut at Christmas for a meal the Poles had lovely stew on the boil when they all sat down for meal STAN asked what it was no POLISH no ENGLISH STANS mate said is it moo moo shake of the head from Poles is it oink oink again Poles indicated no is it bah bah again shake of the head all of the Poles looked at each other then one of them smiled and said MEOWWWW.

pass the salt .

GEORGE = needs must