AS CARER MOVED HOUSE OVERLAPPING RULE.

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
AS I AM NOW ON LONG TERM INCAPACITY BENEFIT AM ENTILTLED TO CARERS ALLWOANCE BUT CANNOT GET THE MONEY AS MUM NOW GETS THE SEVERE DISABLILTY PREMIUM IN LIEW OF ME NOT GETTING CA.

AS YOU ALL KNOW MUM IS TERMINALLY ILL WITH CANCER AND I CANNOT EVEN LIVE IN THE SAME HOUSE AS MUM TO GIVE ONE TO ONE CARE TO MUM.

MUM WILL LOOSE THE SDPREMIUM AND THE 25 % COUNCIL TAX DISCOUNT AND OTHER BENEFITS AS WEEL SO NO SDP OR CA.

HAVE MOVED TO A PRIVATE HOUSE SPENT £3500 PAINTING DECORATING NEW CARPETS PHONE SKY CONTRACTS ETC.

NOW BEEN TOLD BY THE HYDRO THAT THE WIRING IN TH HOUSE IS SHOT AND US IN OTHERWORDS SHEIT FINSHED. THE HOUSE IS RENTED AT £400 PER MONTH THE LANDLORD HAS SAID TO ME HE DID NOT KNOW THE WIRIRNG WAS NEEDED TO BE REPLACED. ETC.

NOW MY TENANCY IS IN JEPORDY AS L CANNOT LIVE HERE HE THE LANDLORD DOES NOT HAVE THE MONEY TO REWIRE AT PRESENT SO HE SAYS.

JUST TYPICAL SOLD MY OWN HOUSE FLAT IN DUNEE DUE TO MOUNTING DEBTS OVER 15 YEARS NOW THIS I DID TELL THE LANDLORD THAT L WOULD GUTTING THE HOUSE NEW PAINTING NEW CARPETS ETC AS I WAS GOING FOR A LONG LEASE.

MY SAVINGS ARE NOW DEPLETED AND AM FACED WITH HAVING TO MOVE AND THE CHANCES OF ANY COMPENSATION IS ZULCH NOTHING.

JUST TYPICAL IN THE SPATE OF THINGS ETC AS ALL PART OF THE STUPID LEGISLATION AND THIS USE AND ABUSE BY EVRERY PART OF LIFE TODAY AS CARERS.

SORRY I DONT HAVE A SUBSIDIZED SECOND HOME WITH THE NEW FLAT SCREEN TV,THE NEW£12000 KITCHEN,THE NEW BED AND OF COURSE THE AIR CONDITIONER UNIT.

PLUS THEY GET £20 000 PER YEAR TOWARDS THE MORGAGE PAYMENT FOR THIS SECOND HOUSE.

JUST SHEIT WITH A CAPITOL S.

WHY DO WE AS CARERS HAVE TO PUT WITH THIS USE AND ABUSE I WOULD NOT BE HERE IF I COULD STAY AT MUMS HOUSE OR AN ANNEXE WHERE MY RIGHTS AS CARER AND BEEN ILL AND BEEN ABLE TO GIVE MUM ONE TO ONE CARE WHEN MUM NEEDS IT.

THE LAW WHICH THIS IS ABOUT CAME OUT ON THE 12 FEBRUARY 1988 WHICH IS DISCRIMMIMATING TO ME AND MUM.

WHAT ABOUT CARE IN THE COMMUNITY AND SOCIAL CARE THAT IS ALSO A HEAP OF SHEIT AS IT IS JUST DISCRIMMINATING AGAINST US PLEASE SORRY FOR ANGRY WORDS BUT I AM LIVID THIS HAS NOW HAPPEN AGAIN EACH DAY THER IS ALWAYS SOMETHING.

KENNETH2DUNDEE NOW FIFE
Sorry to hear about the dilemma you are in.

This link may be of some help to you:

http://www.prhpscotland.gov.uk/prhp/138.26.31.html

Good luck.
Thanx Dorothyg for the advice.

kenneth2dundeenow fife.