Horrible Shock

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Some years ago a drug addict smashed the living room window, put his arms in and tried to help himself to the tv. The dog attached himself to his arm and both the tv and the dog were dragged out the window.

Two passers by saw what had happened and phoned the police who did the usual scene of crime checks. I was speechless the next day when two police came to the door to take a statement about my vicious dog and this thug`s wish to have him put down as he had been bitten on the arm. It took some persuading to have the police understand that the dog would not have been near him if he hadn`t had his arm in my window at the time.

It took seven months for the charges to be dropped, and the thug was jailed for an unrelated incident. Total waste of resorces.
The cruel, evil B------S should be strung up, my thoughts are with you at this terrible time.

Tony Image Image
Nah, thats too good for them. I would sentence them to a life sentence of watching daytime TV home make-over and auction your loft contents programmes.
auction your loft contents programmes.
All I've got in our loft is the water tank, loft insulation and a few spiders - won't get much for that!
Talk about inhumane treatment, Excalibur! Still, you could have said "repeats of every party political broadcast ever made, 24/7". That would be cruel - and possibly a fate deserved only by politicians?!
Thank you everyone for your support.
A few moments ago something remarkable happened. I was in the bedroom looking at my empty jewellery box when I felt the urge to go down on my knees and feel underneath the chest of drawers on which my jewellery box sits. I felt something behind one of the feet - I scrabbled at it and brought it out. It was an ebony cross encased in silver which my grandad made when he was a young man and was left to me. The antique silver chain was missing, but that can be replaced. I feel someone is watching over me knowing how distressed I've been at the loss of all my jewellery which represented presents and special occasions, or was family heirlooms.
Why this one piece out of the 88 items stolen? TODAY IS GOOD FRIDAY Is it a coincidence? I don't believe so.
I'm going out tomorrow (Sat) to find an antique silver chain and this cross will be worn every day.

Gem,

I'm so pleased you had this special piece 'left' for you - someone is obviously looking down on you today.

Take care

Paula xx
Nice find Gem

x x x x
Spooky but nice for you God work's in mysterious way's.
Let's hope that those people that stole from you get Crucified.
John
I felt the urge to go down on my knees and feel underneath the chest of drawers on which my jewellery box sits. I felt something behind one of the feet - I scrabbled at it and brought it out. It was an ebony cross encased in silver which my grandad made when he was a young man and was left to me. The antique silver chain was missing, but that can be replaced. I feel someone is watching over me knowing how distressed I've been at the loss of all my jewellery which represented presents and special occasions, or was family heirlooms.
Why this one piece out of the 88 items stolen? TODAY IS GOOD FRIDAY Is it a coincidence? I don't believe so.
Wow, what a beautiful account Gem, it was the first thing I read when I logged on here, it looks like your grandfather & someone is watching over you and wants to comfort you - I hope that the jewellery cross will be a comfort to you, after all you have been through, and I hope justice will be done.

Take Care & Happy Easter
Lola
x