[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Home made frozen microwave meals - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Home made frozen microwave meals

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
My mum's care home now buys in all their meals from Apetito - Mum is not impressed!
Pennie.. I am not surprised really. My mum has no idea what she has eaten 30 seconds after she has finished her meal...really sad but at least she doesn’t complain and it’s a solution as I live so far away
Hi,

I used to have this problem with mum. Meals I did which were deemed "acceptable" was sausage casserole, with baby potatoes, carrots and peas in it, bolognaise type sauce but NOT with pasta which was foregin, chicken stew and minced beef hotpot. Basically anything saucy which was going to stand being blasted in a microwave. I also found some of the Sainsburys classics ready meals were tolerated.

There came a point when she refused everything but that is another story ....
My friends brother is now eating more microwave meals. He really likes Kershaw ones which you can purchase in Morrison's, and I noticed some in my local shop. They are less expensive. I can't say what they are like personally as don't bother with microwave meals. Did when hubby 1st became ill but found they griped my tum.