[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Holiday Grant or Respite Care? - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Holiday Grant or Respite Care?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
well charles it's great that you put up a poll for this it will show something i hope.

I know for alot of people a holiday grant would be neither use nor ornament and it would actually be great if there was a selection of choices for us all to choose from, as i said in my other post because of how we feel about respite care a holiday grant would be much more welcomed from us to go some way to helping a short break, we have a wonderful safe space voyager for our son so it makes it a little easier to go somewhere though i know alot of other people are not in that position.

There will never be one single thing which fits everyone but really would it be so much to ask for a selection for the lives we give up to do what we do and save this country as much as we do what we ask of them isn't much really is it?

and yes of course if we were paid a decent carers allowence none of us would need any holiday grants or anything of the like but at the same time we know they would screw us out of as much of it as they could and we'd end up being worse off than we are now.
good poll question!
respite for an active normal 13 year old boy with Downs Syndrome - no such thing exists.
adventure type holiday - yes, that does exist. The cost is upwards of £1000 per week....
good poll question!
respite for an active normal 13 year old boy with Downs Syndrome - no such thing exists.
adventure type holiday - yes, that does exist. The cost is upwards of £1000 per week....
Sophie has Mosaic Downs Syndrome - Ive been given money by the family fund for a holiday - surely you can get this too? Family Fund now also organize a holiday for you if you rather... and I know for a fact there is a local organization that is giving holiday grants for disabled people or there families.... they are called "Action for Carers Surrey" website is www.acecarers.org.uk - I found this out this week because I was enquiring if I could go and work part time - I have an assessment coming up next week to work out if I would be better off financially and if I am and I do work part time I would be entitled to help from "ACE" apparently....
Something i was talking about the other day with my other half.

We were saying how it would be great if someone were to build a place ( bit like centre parcs ) which is specifically set up for disabled people, pools with manned hoists, things for children with disabilites to do, places for them to spend time but at the same time a safe environment and somewhere where the other family members would also get a break only problem is it would take millions to set up a place like that.
Well, Redfang's idea has certainly sparked off some interest!
redfang - I would if I had the money!!!!!
shall we all club together and make it a joint venture lmaooooooo, ermmm i can put in ohhhh all of say £5 at the moment lol.
I know, finances are a touchy subject with me!

I'm currently grudging the £10.00 taxi cab fare to get to my Physio and back once a week, let alone spends on any luxuries - remind me anyone what are they again?? Image Image

marie x
they are those things which the wealthy of this country can afford and we can't Image