[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
holiday grant?????? - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

holiday grant??????

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
no idea where my local carers centre is to be honest mr turk...any clues to where i can find it in birmingham?
There are a number of carers' agencies in Birmingham. Here's a link from the CUK main site:

Birmingham Carers Support Agencies
Hello,

The Carers centre is based at 130 Colmore Row, Birmingham, B3 3AP. Tel no: 0121 675 8000.

Their newsletter has in the past had details about holiday grants, but I cannot remember the exact information. Image

Hope this is helpful.
thank you all that have helped i will try these and let you know how i get on...thanks again
Hi I live in surrey and I am a carer for my Disabled Husband. I have not had a break for many years. Sadly My Hubby will not go into restpite and to be honest we want to be together and just have a mini break to gether with our two small dogs. But there is no where that is willing to help out. I come under waverly carers. But funding is very tight now. Regards amandah
Amandah
We got a holiday in York 2 years ago which we paid for ourselves in an adapted cottage with a ceiling hoist, electric bed etc. However we couldn't have gone on holiday without the help to get son out of bed and washed and dressed in the morning. We simply asked for the money that it would have cost the social work department to pay for the help needed at home and used it to buy the help needed in York. It actually cost the sw dept less money because the York agency was actually cheaper that the Scottish one. We still had to put son to bed etc but we do that here anyway. Would your SW dept not help you out?

Eun
This might help you.

http://www.saga.co.uk/health/carers/

Details of their scheme to help carers get a holiday are here.
You can read about people who were lucky enough to have been helped.
Saga have loads of info FOR carers on their site too.
Hello, Thanks for your reply. I will look into that site. But I have been told that we will have to self fund ourselves. Very unfair. Still there we go. Regards amandah
Hello, Thanks for your reply. I will look into that site. But I have been told that we will have to self fund ourselves. Very unfair. Still there we go. Regards amandah
These are FREE amanda and you can nominate yourself. Let us know how you get on.