[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
am feeling low - Carers UK Forum

am feeling low

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi Everyone, I hope firstly that you are all ok reference the flooding in the mainland UK.
N.Ireland bad but not as bad as the mainland

I have just attempted to fill in DLA form for my mum again who has severe depression.. It has made me depressed. She is ill but why is mental health so hard to explain to others and so hard for others to see...

I'm now not confident she will get it this time... She depends on it to survive.

I know i very capable of filling it in and I will base it on her worst day but it is so demotivating to fill in. I haven't even told my mum it has come in for renewal yet as I'm afraid it will push her even more back wards.

She has pushed me away this past 2 weeks refusing to see me she has been that low and then I'm left worrying. I sometimes wish a tablet would fix it but having been by her side since her breakdown I know that doesn't happen.

I love her dearly... I will get through it....

Sorry I just wanted a rant Image

Thanks for reading x

PS I think all you carers are Brilliant Image Pat yourself on the back today and say well done. I do a good job even though it doesn't seem like it at times. YOU ARE SPECIAL in what you do. God Bless x
Hi yuh Lovecanbetough, bless your heart you are obviously going through it & you still manage to think of others - now that is the sign of a carer in my estimation - we always think of others.

But well done for filling in the DLA forms for your mum - I can definitely relate to that I hate filling in forms at the best of times - I am waiting for our forms to come through; it's that time of year isn't it debt management forms DLA forms & on & on & on.

All I can say about that is photo copy them all & put them somewhere safe - that's my coping way where that is concerned.

I don't blame you at all for not telling your mum she will only worry & what is the point of that - good luck though & big thank you for your kind comments on all us carers which you are one of too - so well done you for all your brave courageous work you also do selflessly I should imagine.

So give ''yourself'' a big pat on the back too - well done you!!! God bless keep up the good work & never never never underestimate the impact your help does for your mum - if she could tell you in her better moments how proud she is of your I am sure she would. Hope that isn't too OTT - but there it is - support is vital & that is what this forum is all about first & foremost. Paul.
I have just attempted to fill in DLA form for my mum again who has severe depression.. It has made me depressed. She is ill but why is mental health so hard to explain to others and so hard for others to see...
I hate form filling, so can really relate to this.
I know what you mean about finding it hard to explain, that is why I always go to CAB for help as they know all the "buzz" words and the right phrases to use. It might be worthwhile you trying that too. I believe that Age UK offer this service too.
Me too. When my mum's CA form turned up I practically ran from it screaming; it was so confusing, and over 50 pages long!
And that from someone who has fought, and won, against power companies. I am no slouch when it comes to filling in forms, but I reckon the DWP have employed 'consultants' to design them to be as user-unfriendly as possible. Just my theory, based on my experience. Thank god for the help of mum's OT in filling it in. I'd still be confused & bemused by it to this day otherwise.
Bradstonian is right. ALWAYS photocopy it when complete for your records; you'll never remember what you wrote otherwise. And pay a pound something extra Recorded delivery, which is not the same as next day delivery which costs about a fiver. Don't let the PO staff confuse you on that one.
I sometimes wonder if they design the forms in such a way that we become so demoralised we just chuck them in the bin. I now know that when I do such things (and after 34 years I ought to be used to them!) afterwards I feel so drained that I just want a bath and an early night. So be kind to yourself, and remember that mum is very lucky to have someone around who cares so much for her. We don't have magic wands, we can only do our best.
I think that PRECISELY how they are designed. They are truly magnificently, unmunificently so laid out.
Not unlike power companies bills, come to think of it.... hummm!