[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Student Carers - how could your college/uni help you best?? - Carers UK Forum

Student Carers - how could your college/uni help you best??

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hello Image

I work for a univeristy and our student support is trying to set up some help more specific to our students (undergraduate / post graduate - all ages) who are also carers.

We recognise how hard it can be to study and care for others while at college or university.

Any suggestions as to what we, as a University, can do to offer help and support would be much appreciated. We really want to raise awareness and make this into a valuable long term project.

Thanks xx
One of our members here, Bluebird, was a student carer. If you read her post in New to Caring, you will see. And there's another member who is still a student, and also has a mum she has to care for - I'll check her name for you.

The whole subject is a bit 'hidden' isn't it, students who have to be carers? So damn cruel for them! (ie, at the one time in your life when you are 'supposed' to be carefree!)

All best, Jenny
Fab thanks Jenny!

It is very 'hidden', you're right. We have noticed a big increase in people coming to us regarding this and would love to do more to be of help! x
Hi Spanish Dreams

I'm temporarily locking this topic as the study has not yet been approved by Admin - see here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=15104