[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
I've had my weeks respite. - Carers UK Forum

I've had my weeks respite.

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I had my weeks respite after 7 years. My Peter was well looked after in the care home they were lovely people and looked after him really well even though his dementia is advanced. I had a 7 hour drive to London to visit my son and sisters. I couldn't believe that I had finaly made the break. I had a lovely rest from all the work us carers have to do. What on earth made me think that nobody could look after him like I do. I did feel guilty at leaving him. I should have done it a few years ago. I know I was cracking up with the caring. I will have another break in about 8 weeks if they have room for him.
Since coming home last saturday I have had a phone call saying the day hospital will take him in for 5 hours on a Wednesday so I am getting some help at last.
Look after yourselves carers
love adeliene
Hiya, what excellent news. How lucky you are to have found such a good, caring place. Go for your breaks, you deserve them.
Oh that is SUCH good news Adeliene. You deserve it!! Image
That's brilliant Image Image
It's good to hear that everything went well. x x
What fantastic news, so glad you enjoyed the break.
Thanks carers for all your kind replies. adeliene
Wow, so glad that you managed to get respite Image Now you have something to look forward to Image
So pleased to hear that all was well and that you enjoyed your break.