[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Help - Carers UK Forum

Help

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi All,
Can anyone give me a few more details about a Advocacy,I am having a carers assement this afternoon.Just filled in the carer's form and it asked is a Advocacy required.I don't think so as we as a family are here,especial me being the main carer, can ask for things if Mum can't.
Just thought I would see if any one thought it might be a good idea to have one.Maybe there is something which would be in Mum's best intrests.
Thankyou Best Wishes Sonia xxxx
Hi Sonia

I'm afraid I don't really know anything about advocacy. I think its just if you feel like you need extra support going into the assessment. You don't say what time your assessment is but our helpline is open this afternoon 2-4pm if you want to have a chat with someone. Freephone 0808 808 7777. Perhaps someone else on the forum will be able to advise as well.

In the meantime we do have a carers assessment guide on our website which can help you prepare: www.carersuk.org/Information/Helpwithca ... smentguide

Hope this helps.

Chris
Thanks Chris for your reply,I did copy out the facts from the site here on Assements,so you know that I have the right imformation on what to do and say.

My meeting is at 2.15,but I think I know enough about a Advocacy and what it intails. I thing its a case of someone who maybe has no family or anyone to speak for them if they can't do it themsleves.They will appointment someone to speak for the person on their behalf. I think thats really it in a nut shell.
Thanks Sonia xxx