HELP !!

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Image hi, I'm new to the forum,but just desperate to talk to someone,Ithink I am going off my head.I care for my husband,we have been married for40 years, but the strain is telling and I just wish I was dead, there must be more to life than this,I don't think I can keepgoing, anybody got any useful ideas?
Hi Lindsay,

First of all welcome to forum where you will meet a great bunch of people.
If you feel comfortable doing so, could you tell us a bit more about your caring role.Do you get any help,family,paid carers.Tell us about yourself and in turn you will get to know us.

You have come to the right place Lindsay, in such that many here will relate to the emotions you're going through.Just pull up a seat,get comfy and type away.

Look forward to getting to know you,
Rosemary
Welcome Lindsay

As Rosemary has said, you're amongst people who do understand what you're going through - I've been caring for 20 years, it is a lonely life but we're here to help if you need us.

Please continue to post, there's always someone around to offer you help, support or just to listen when things get tough.

Look forward to chatting with you soon.

Take care

Paula xx
Hello Lindsay

Welcome the the forum!

Life as a Carer can be very draining on our state of mind at times, but as the others have said there is such a great support network on the forum as we all understand how caring can be so demanding.

So please keep posting there are so many wonderful supportive members.

Take care
Maryann x
My advice is TALK, doesn't make the caring any easier, but it does make you feel better.
Lindsay

First welcome. Glad you've found us.

Second, talk to your GP. I felt much as I suspect you do earlier this year - hopeless, lost, resentful, depressed. I could see no future and no point in there being a future. Since going to my GP about this I've had tremendous support and because of her input my social services department have introduced a number of helpful measures.

Third, as others have said, post on here and take what support you can find.

Good luck
John
Hello Lindsay

Just wanting to let you know that we are here should you need a little support. Hoping that things have improved for you this week!

Take care
Maryann x
Hi Lindsay,

As you will see from our posts we are spread about the countryside far and wide, but the caring role and the angst of being the carer can be shared here.

We may not have answers.........sometimes we have good answers but the powers that be won`t ask the question........but you can have a good rant here anytime.

Take care
Meg
Hi Lindsay,

I'm new too Image. We are new together Image.

My mum just died on Thursday. I'm sad but I'm happy she's now out of all her pain.

I've felt like you many times. I got through even though I thought I wouldn't. Talking helps a lot. See your GP. They will understand and help. I know it's not easy to open up sometimes but you aren't alone. You've done the right thing coming here. I should have come here earlier so you're wiser than me! Keep posting and share what you feel able to. You aren't alone, remember that.

Take care,

Rob
Hello Rob

Welcome to the forum!

I'm so sorry to hear of your sad loss of your Mum. I'm so glad that you have joined us and I guess that you have been lead to us to share your wealth of experience to other Carers. Inturn I know you'll find the forum members so supportive.

Take care
Maryann x