[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Heavy Heart - tick tock tick tock - Carers UK Forum

Heavy Heart - tick tock tick tock

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Does your heart ever hurt, likes its gonna burst or drop through your body with the weight it is feeling.

My hubby was diagnosed 3 years ago on May 22nd. We were told 6 months to 3 years - and 3 years would be way too optimistic.

Today someone said "blimey 3 years - hasn't he done well"

Well Yes he/we have. Year 1 we celebrated on May 22nd - we said Yeah two fingers up to you wretched disease. Year 2 we celebrated - we said ha ha still fighting "up yours".

As we approach year 3 theres no denying the disease is winning. Damn!!!!!

However hard caring can be - I would start the clock all over again. Heavy heart today.
(((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))), yes I do know that heavy heart feeling. x x
Hi Rach123,

horrid situation to be in, life in limbo......

My hubby had a very serious stroke 5 years ago, April 10th 2007, the Doctors said he would probably have a maximum of 5 years left.
I am dreading this years anniversary.

Tick tock, tick tock

(keep watching him sleeping, making sure he's breathing)

Take care, we do understand
xx
((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))
It`s strange how being a carer can make us grateful for such things,and when you say you would do it all again,i was talking about that with a friend last night.Yes,i would go through the caring and death of my partner Trish again,and i would go through caring for my parents again.Sure,i would rather be going through the good times again,but that doesn`t mean that everything else is bad.Anyway,it`s the bad days that make the good days good. Image Image Image
((((((hugs)))))) Rach.x
Yes I understand how you are feeling - we were told our son wouldn't see 18 and he will be 27 in July - so I agree re tick tock Image

Eun
Big hug to Rach123 and other posts on this topic. Many years ago when Mum and Dad had a serious car accident I remember being told by a doctor who was handling the insurance claim that Mum was on "borrowed time". Mum was only 52 at the time - she was a very strong character and fought throughout her battle with, amongst other things, COPD and passed away at 71...she obviously "borrowed" many years!

Bell x
Thank you all for your replies and support. Bless you all so much.

My husband knows I am sad today. He has no speech so each letter is spelled out on a letter board, confused by bad spelling, tiredness and carbon dioxide build up but today he spelled "my arms are around you". So I shut my eyes and imagined his arms around me.

I am blessed x
Id add one MEGGA HUG to those given already,if I may.xx
I know about the clock Rach, but I also know I'm blessed too.
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))