[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
HEATING OR EATING - Carers UK Forum

HEATING OR EATING

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
was on last night if you did not see it repeated on wed 21-00 on more 4 sky 138
carers not realy the main point but i think we came out of it ok could have been mentioned a few times but it was all about benefits and social care .
the lady from liverpool was doing a good job with her husband both of them pensioners they used to have 2 carers for 20 hours a day now only 1 paid by council at a cost of £1-200 per week she relied on neighbours and relative she could have mentioned carers allowance as she is a pensioner she would not be able to claim it but did she claim it in the past? also her relative is she claiming it or does she work thats the only part of documentary that i thought was at fault her husband reminded us of STAN he and his wife do not want to use care homes as the had bad experiance as we did he called care home concentration camp STAN said it was like being back in stalag 8b except the germans would talk to you .

GEORGE
Thanks for that information George.I had missed the programme and was going to check if it was repeated.

Hope you're feeling better this morning

x x x
good programme me missed it thank god for sky+ how can you pay for sky+ on a carers wage Image Image Image Image

iam still ill just got voice back nurses could not get blood tests done have to see doc .

GEORGE = Image
George, a nurse told me recently that it's easiest to find a vein to take a blood sample if you are well hydrated - so drink as much water as you can before the next attempt.

Hope this tip works for you!
heat eat on 2nite
heat eat on 2nite
9pm More4
I recorded this last night and just watched it this morning.

I thought it was very good, but like George said above some details were left out that are so relevant to care of our elderly/disabled.

Andrew Harrap,Head of Policy at Age concern spoke well and explained the situation that many pensioners are facing today.

Some of the points raised in the programme included.....

since 2002 dual fuel bills have increased 73%

fewer people get help now than ever

more rely on family and friends to supply care and support

means testing is crippling some people

There was a lady from a voluntary group and her words stood out so much....

the Government do not see the reality of what some people face

Next was a lovely lady who had been assessed as needing help but her package had been reduced whilst her needs increased, and her contribution towards costs had been calculated to 8 times what they had been originally.

Local authorities are tightening criteria and in turn as the population ages there is less help available.

In Liverpool some care charges were increasing, anything between 40 - 75 %.
There are varying interpretations between boroughs as to what is classified as nursing and social care.

On a seperate note I was reading the following on the Communitycare website

Are individualised budgets the way forward?

There are predictions that 50% of social care spending will be in the hands of private individuals in 10 years' time. That begs questions: how do you control the budget - afterall it is still ratepayers' money. Innovation is marvellous but you have to be aware you are using public money. We have 500 people on individual budgets and that's fine until you industrialise it and you've got 5,000 or 50,000, what happens then?

As more and more access IB's how long before we face problems with budgets once again.

ROSEMARY RE ABOVE NAIL ON HEAD COMES TO MIND

I MAY BE MISSING FOR A FEW DAYS OH DEAR ITS STARTING TO RAIN AND I DONT HAVE ANY UMBRELLA`S LEFT Image Image Image Image
ROSEMARY RE ABOVE NAIL ON HEAD COMES TO MIND

I MAY BE MISSING FOR A FEW DAYS OH DEAR ITS STARTING TO RAIN AND I DONT HAVE ANY UMBRELLA`S LEFT Image Image Image Image
You shouldn't give them all away to strangers then Image Image

Somehow George I am sure you are someone who will never go missing Image Image Image