[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
heating help - Carers UK Forum

heating help

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
hi does anyone know of any help i can get towards heating costs my wife is disabled and i am her full tme carer..any advice would be welcome

thanks
Have a look here : viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19222

Meg posted these details under 'Warmhome Scheme' in the Carer to Carer section - will probably answer your question Image
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19222

Our link to the warmhouse thread.
Image posts crossed Sue.
British Gas have a lower tarriff for people who are on DLA not sure if the other major companies do too. Warmfront is excellent I managed to get mum a complete central heating system and a brand new boiler for nothing last year.
Are you sure British Gas have a lower tariff? I found out about the WarmFront scheme only last year as well as companies offering lower tariffs. I was more interested in the lower tariffs so rang around all the companies (including British Gas) to enquire about this. I was told that from (about) June 2010, they no longer offer lower tariffs since the WarmFront scheme has taken it's place instead. This gives us a "discount" of £120 per year. Every little helps.
same thing GaryO - i believe all the major companies now give the £120 discount (Meg says going up to £130 this year).
We don't get any help - told our company did not offer this.

Eun
We don't get any help - told our company did not offer this.

Eun
might be worth contacting them again Eun - as I understand it is a government funded initiative and I thought all the energy companies had signed up to it.
Are you sure British Gas have a lower tariff? I found out about the WarmFront scheme only last year as well as companies offering lower tariffs. I was more interested in the lower tariffs so rang around all the companies (including British Gas) to enquire about this. I was told that from (about) June 2010, they no longer offer lower tariffs since the WarmFront scheme has taken it's place instead. This gives us a "discount" of £120 per year. Every little helps.
THE last time I checked I was on it perhaps it is still running because it was set up a long time ago. I'll check into it to see if it has changed and report back.