[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Health Check Physical Activity Questionnaire - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Health Check Physical Activity Questionnaire

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I would not have filled that section in either but I would have added a comment Image
I would write to the practice manager at the GP surgery and try to get a new category added for future questionnaires as this is a bad omission.

"I am a carer and spend most of my time on my feet being active"

Not much chance to sit down if you are a carer.... I've lost another half a stone and struggle to keep weight on. Never had this problem before. Carers UK could do a national ad which starts apparently as a weight loss advert (you think it's another weight loss advert for a slimming club or product) and then it transpires that the dramatic weight loss is because she/he is a carer. Lose weight without even trying etc. Because you'll almost never sit down and you may not be able to afford to eat (except they would word it better than I have.
Seems its not of the GP's doing, its the NHS trust who have been instructed from the NHS higher ups to do this on all health checks, not just carers health checks.
Spoke to secretary and practice nurse and they said most full time carers are deemed as non physically active due to not 'working', going to a gym, walking, cycling etc more than 3 times a week, for 3 hours or more.
I soon put them right, and they put me in the high activity bracket after I told them just what I and many full time carers actually do.
Then I was told I must try to rest more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Somebody needs to re-educate the higher ups in the NHS who are dictating this mindset about carers being classed as inactive .
Then came the what foods do you eat?
Another tick list and offer of educational 'help' to eat healthy.
I half expected to be given detention and a hundred lines for having a meat pie the other day Image
Seems its not of the GP's doing, its the NHS trust who have been instructed from the NHS higher ups to do this on all health checks, not just carers health checks.
Spoke to secretary and practice nurse and they said most full time carers are deemed as non physically active due to not 'working', going to a gym, walking, cycling etc more than 3 times a week, for 3 hours or more.
I soon put them right, and they put me in the high activity bracket after I told them just what I and many full time carers actually do.
Then I was told I must try to rest more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Somebody needs to re-educate the higher ups in the NHS who are dictating this mindset about carers being classed as inactive .
Then came the what foods do you eat?
Another tick list and offer of educational 'help' to eat healthy.
I half expected to be given detention and a hundred lines for having a meat pie the other day Image
Arf arf! Image Image
I will now be leaving this forum as I wont have any time to post anymore due to difficult personal circumstances.
Ive tried my best to raise awareness for carers over the years.
Best wishes to everyone.
x

Image Image Image