[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Have I missed something?!!! - Carers UK Forum

Have I missed something?!!!

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Was there anything in the budget relating to carers and/or those people we care for? Have we been overlooked again or do our problems get dealt with later [when they've been forgotten.]
I'm astounded not to have seen anything about this anywhere or have we all succumbed to the 'ignore it and it'll go away' brigade.
Perhaps someone from Carers UK can shed some light on the matter?
Hi Donalt, nothing has been highlighted so far in the budget speech by theyworkforyou.com. However working carers will probably have found out how they have got on by now. Also some elderly groups. No change for me so far as I know. I don't smoke, drive or drink alcohol much, so all the chancellor's favourite taxes have passed me by.
More may be revealed in the budget debates to come.
best wishes normangardner
No change for me & Mum, not sure if the car tax reduction affects my car - probably not, my local MP is a member of the Treasury so I'll be emailing him to say exactly what I think about carers being overlooked again, not that it'll make much difference but it'll make me feel a bit better Image
Was there anything in the budget relating to carers and/or those people we care for? Have we been overlooked again or do our problems get dealt with later [when they've been forgotten.]
I'm astounded not to have seen anything about this anywhere or have we all succumbed to the 'ignore it and it'll go away' brigade.
Perhaps someone from Carers UK can shed some light on the matter?
Don't you know by now that we are invisible. GB can ignore us with impunity as we have no clout, onlt isolated shout. And I have done that to all the top nobs of all parties, though I know full well what reply I will get...........sorry, you must address us through your MP. I do, she's sick of the sound of me Image
Image All I can work out is that I'll be worse off as the lower rate tax of 10p in the pound has been scrapped and anything i manage to earn is now taxed at 20p in the pound!!! Gordon Brown made a big fus of his reduction of the 22p rate to 20p and slipped the scrapping of the 10p rate in under the cover of darkness. Image It feels like being on a treadmill, running to stay still and knowing that things are never going to get any better.
Hi Ann_Iuk, every sympathy, reminds me of when I was a student nurse and we all got a pay rise (below inflation) except third year students who lost money. When a third year student protested to the Union Rep that he had to pay his rent and feed his kids, the reply was, 'Oh you'll pass your fianals in amonth or two, then you will be better off.
It's just dead cynical, playing politics with poor people because in the main they do not vote. Image
Norman